- Alencier Ley Makes It To The Top League!
- Mohanlal Is All Praise For Maheshinte Prathikaaram!
- The Changing Face Of Malayalam Cinema: 6 Well-etched Female Characters From Recent Malayalam Films!
- The First Half Of 2016: Stunning Performances That Made An Impact!
- Aparna Balamurali Turns Singer For Pa.Va!
- The Interesting Case Of Recent Malayalam Movie Titles!
- When Malayalam Film Songs Paid Tribute To Places In Kerala!
- Have You Seen These Behind The Scene Pictures Of Maheshinte Prathikaram??
- Film Industry Is Smiling After The First Quarter of 2016
- Yet Another Mollywood Cinematographer Is All Set To Make A Mark In Kollywood!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Kali To Get A Telugu Version!
- Dulquer Salmaan: Is He Now The Most Bankable Young Star Of Mollywood?
When the first half of 2016 nearly comes to an end, Malayalam film industry has another reason to cheer about. Well, it is about the quality of songs.
Malayalam films released in the first half of 2016 did give due importance to songs and that has resulted in some good quality songs. Here, we list some of the best Malayalam songs from the films released this year so far.
Go through the slides to know more about the songs..
Idukki.. (Maheshinte Prathikaram)
This song from the film Maheshinte Prathikaram carried the entire beauty of Idukki along with it. Sung beautifully by Bijibal, the song had its lyrics by Rafeeq Ahmed. The song was set to tune by Bijibal himself. The song went on to become a big hit.
Puzhu Pulikal.. (Kammatipaadam)
This might seem to be an unconventional song, but this song from Kammatipaadam was a hard-hitting one. Puzhu Pulikal.. written by Anwar Ali was set to tune by Vinayakan. Sung by Sunil Mathai and Savio Laz did have the essence of the entire film.
Pookkal Panineer Pookkal.. (Action Hero Biju)
It was after a gap that we got to hear Yesudas and Vani Jayaram singing together for a film song. More importantly, this song also marked the comeback of veteran music director Jerry Amaldev. There was a soothing feel for the song, which has been written by Santhosh Varma.
Thiruvavani Ravu.. (Jacobinte Swargarajyam)
Well this song from Jacobinte Swargarajyam would definitely be heard in most of the Onam celebration events of this year. The song sung by Unni Menon, Sithara Krishnakumar and Meera Sharma has been set to tune by Shaan Rahman. The lyrics is by Manu Manjith.
Vaathe Puthe.. (Valliyum Thetti Pulliyum Thetti)
This year saw the rise of a very talented musician in the form of Sooraj S Kurup. The young music director came up with some excellent tunes for Valliyum Thetti Pulliyum Thetti. The song Vaathe Puthe.. sung by music director himself and Vidhu Prathap went on to become a big hit.
Unlike the previous years, this year so far has been a good one for the music industry also. The good reception that the above songs received stand as a testimony to that.
Moreover, it could be seen that Malayalam cinema is going back to the melodies and songs with regional flavour. Songs like Idukki.. from Maheshinte Prathikaram and Pookkal.. from Action Hero Biju were well-received.
Apart from the above mentioned songs, songs from Kali and James and Alice also got much noticed. Both the films had music by Gopi Sunder.
The first half also witnessed some impressive debuts of young music directors. Sooaaj S Kurup, who debuted with the film Valliyum Thetti Pulliyum Thetti made a sensational entry to the industry. Sankar Sharma, who composed for Darwinte Parinamam also went on to win praises for the songs.