- Mammootty-Biju Menon Team: A Look At The Best Movies Of The Less-talked About On-screen Combo!
- Will Biju Menon & Samyuktha Varma Act Together Again? The Actor Opens Up!
- Biju Menon To Team Up With Oru Vadakan Selie Fame G Prajith!
- Orayiram Kinakkalal Review: It's Genuinely Entertaining & Intriguing!
- Orayiram Kinakkalal: The Trailer Of The Biju Menon Starrer Is Out & It Is A Refreshing One!
- Parvathy & Biju Menon To Come Together For An Upcoming Movie?
- Rosapoo Movie Review: Misses Outnumber The Hits!
- Sherlock Toms Box Office: Total Kerala Collections!
- Sherlock Toms Box Office: 22 Days Kerala Collections
- Lavakusha Box Office: 3 Days Kerala Collections
- Lavakusha Movie Review: Has The Right Mix Of Entertaining Elements!
- Sherlock Toms Box Office: First Week Collections
Well, we all know how good an actor Biju Menon is. Over the years, he has grown as one of the most dependable actors of Mollywood.
In fact, the year of 2016, was a special one for the actor. We saw his popularity reaching new levels and we saw many projects coming up with the actor in the lead role.
The year was a decent one for the actor in him, but as far as box office successes are concerned, big hits in the lines of Vellimoonga, didn't come his way.
Here, we take you through a quick recap of Biju Menon's 2016 by going through the films of the actor, which were released in this year.
Leela, directed by Ranjith was the first release of the actor in 2016. The film, written by Unni R came in amidst huge expectations, but wasn't well-received by the audiences. But still, Biju Menon did full justice to the role of Kuttiyappan, giving a good performance.
Anuraga Karikkin Vellam
Well, Biju Menon can be proud for being a part of this movie, which is one of the best films of this year. The actor opted to play the father of Asif Ali in this movie without any inhibitions. Biju Menon, played the role with ease and the film and the actor won a lot of praises.
Marubhoomiyile Aana was one movie which we feel Biju Menon shouldn't have done. The actor did full justice to his role, but the movie had nothing new to offer. Rightly, the film didn't do any magic at the box office.
Olappeeppi, which marked the directorial debut of Krish Kymal, was a different attempt, that was lauded by the critics. Biju Menon opted to be a part of this small venture and he was right in his selection.
Kavi Uddheshichathu, which released along with Pulimurugan and Thoppil Joppan, was a decent movie that would have fared better if it had a solo release. Biju Menon, once again opted to do a supporting role and he definitely was the show-stealer of the movie.
Swarna Kaduva, directed by Jos Thomas, wasn't a big hit at the box office. But, at the same time, the audiences got to see a different Biju Menon through this film. His acting capabilities were much explored through this film and Biju Menon simply stole the show as Rini Iype Maattumel, a character with negative shades.
Disappointingly, from the above mentioned films, only Anuraga Karikkin Vellam turned out to be a big success at the box office. Despite he giving some good performances, some of his movies couldn't make it big at the box office, which in turn made the year an average one for the actor.
Biju Menon would next be seen in Lakshyam, scripted by Jeethu Joseph and directed by Ansar Khan. The film also features Indrajith in the lead role.