- Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High-grade Cancer; TV Celebrities Wish Her A Speedy Recovery!
- Jhanvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Promote Dhadak On Salman Khan’s Rival Vivek Oberoi’s Show! (PICS)
- Huma Qureshi Makes Her Television Debut;Replaces Sonali Bendre On India’s Best Dramebaaz
- Will The 'MeToo' Campaign Work In Bollywood? Huma Qureshi Speaks Up About The Issue!
- Kaala Opens On A Poor Note At The Domestic Box Office, Vishal Defends Rajinikanth's Film
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- Huma Qureshi Says That Rajinikath Loves Talking About His Time As A Bus Conductor
- Huma Qureshi To Star Opposite Venkatesh In Her First Telugu Film?
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- Rajinikanth's Kaala: Huma Qureshi's Character Poster Is Out!
We have seen many Bollywood actresses opting to work in Malayalam films. Popular actresses like Tabu and Juhi Chawla have tried their hands at Malayalam films and had tasted success.
But, there are certain Bollywood actresses who did have a forgettable outing in Mollywood as the films in which they featured, turned out to be flops. Here we list those Bollywood actresses who had a flop debut in Mollywood.
Go through the slides to read more..
Katrina Kaif was roped in to play the leading lady in the film Balram V/S Tharadas, which had Mammootty in the lead role. Much was expected from the film and the actress, but audiences were left disappointed.
Namrata Shirodkar made her debut in Mollywood with the film Ezhuppunna Tharakan, which had Mammootty in the lead role. The film directed by P G Viswambharan turned out to be a flop at the box-office.
Mazhavillu, which had Kunchacko Boban and Vineeth in the lead roles marked the debut of actress Preethi Jhangiani in Mollywood. The songs of the film went on to become big hits but the film flopped at the box-office.
Popular actress Yami Gautam made her Mollywood debut with Prithviraj starrer Hero, released in the year 2012. The film was a box-office flop and it didn't fetch any good reviews for the actress either.
The film Chandamama released amidst much hype and hoolah, and the film had a song sequence featuring the then Bollywood sensation Mamta Kulkarni. Even though the song became a hit, the film had a miserable run at the box-office.
Tisca Chopra, who is known for her brilliant performances in Bollywood films, got a lacklustre role in her Mollywood debut movie Mayabazar. The film also had a bad run at the box-office.
Taapsee Pannu made her Mollywood debut much before she became a popular face in Bollywood. Her debut Mollywood film Doubles, was a big flop at the box-office and turned out to be a forgettable one for the actress.
Most recently, we saw popular Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi making her debut in Mollywood with the film, White. The film directed by Uday Ananthan had Megastar Mammootty in the lead role.
Much was expected from the film and Huma Qureshi was pitted to make a grand debut. But the film fell flat at the box-office without making much waves. Even the performance of the actress was left unnoticed.
On the other hand, many other Bollywood actresses like Pooja Batra, Tabu, Priya Gill, Jaya Prada, Shriya Saran etc. did have a decent outing in Mollywood with their films making an impact on the viewers.
Popular Bollywood/Kollywood actress Priya Anand would make her debut in Mollywood soon, with the film Ezra. The film, which has Prithviraj in the lead role is directed by Jayakrishnan. We hope that the actress would make a grand debut in Mollywood.