- STRANGE LOVE! Mira Rajput Once Threw Hubby Shahid Kapoor Out Of Their House
- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Sridevi's DEMISE! Vidya Balan Says My 'Inspiration Is No More'
- Aami Controversy: Here Is What Vidya Balan Has To Say!
- NASTY REMARK! When Shahid Kapoor Compared Kareena Kapoor To A BUFFALO; Took A Shocking Dig At Her
- SHE WAS UPSET! Vidya Balan's Shocking Revelation: Vidhu Vinod Chopra Asked Her To Get Her Nose FIXED
- I Have No Time For A Baby; Each Film I Do Is A New Baby: Vidya Balan
- Tumhari Sulu Proved Married Actresses Can Score A Hit: Vidya Balan
- UNEXPECTED! Did Salman Khan Just BODY-SHAME Vidya Balan With This Comment?
- BUT WHY? I Have Never Been Approached For Any Shahrukh Khan Film: Vidya Balan
- Every Time I Tried Something New, Films Didn't Work: Vidya Balan On Tumhari Sulu Failure
Item Numbers and dance numbers are not so common in Mollywood films, but whenever a film comes up with such dance numbers, the makers of the film make it a point to rope in some big names.
Here, we are listing the names of some popular Bollywood beauties who came to Malayalam films and sizzled in some dance numbers.
Go through the slides to know more about the actresses..
Tabu, who made her Mollywood debut with the film Kaalapani, did appear in a song sequence in the film Urumi. The song Aaraanne Aaraanne had the popular Bollywood actress grooving to the tunes, along with Prithviraj and Prabhudeva.
Vidya Balan, who is all set to enter Mollywood in a full-fledged role with the upcoming film Aami, did earlier appear in a song sequence of the film Urumi. She did give a thunderous performance in the song Chalanam Chalanam, which was much appreciated.
Way back in 1999, popular Bollywood actress Mamta Kulkarni made her Mollywood debut in the film Chandamama. She sizzled with her moves in the song Rojappo Kavilath, which also featured Kunchacko Boban along with her.
Remember the festival song Thakilu Pukilu.. from the film Raavanaprabhu? It was popular Bollywood actress Kashmira Shah, who featured in that song sequences and grooved to the tunes of the song along with Mohanlal.
Actress Rachna Maurya who has featured in a couple of Bollywood films in small roles, has appeared in two different dance numbers. First she did a part in the film Chotta Mumbai in the song Vasco Da Gama... Later, she was also seen in the song Chenthenkin from the film Pokkiri Raja.
Remember this beautiful actress who made her debut in Mollywood with the film Vettam? Later on, Bhavna Pani came back to Mollywood with the Priyadarshan film Aamayum Muyalum, in which she appeared in a song sequence.
With change in time, the attitude of the film-makers have changed and demand for dance numbers and item numbers in Malayalam films have been on the rise. Such dance numbers are common in movies which fall into the genre of festival entertainers.
More often, we have seen Tollywood and Kollywood actresses stepping in for special dance numbers. Even Mollywood actresses have featured in item numbers in certain Malayalam films.
At the same time, we have seen Bollywood actresses opting to do Malayalam films but the same isn't common when it comes to dance numbers alone.
But, it has to be noted that popular Bollywood actresses like Tabu and Vidya Balan gave a nod to do dance numbers in the film Urumi. In fact, Tabu did make her debut in Malayalam films as the lead actress in the film Kaalapani and later appeared in an important role in the film Cover Story.
Probably we might see more Bollywood actresses stepping in for dance numbers in Malayalam films.