- Dileep Row: Siddique Makes A Shocking Remark On The AMMA Controversy, Takes A Dig At Shashi Tharoor
- Dileep Controversy: Revathy Lashes Out At Young Stars For Ignoring The AMMA Row
- Dileep Row: Will The Anger Against Mohanlal Affect The Box Office Performance Of Neerali?
- Dileep Row: Urmila Unni's Comments About The Attacked Actress Are Disgraceful
- Dileep Row: The Kannada Film Industry Lashes Out At AMMA For Taking Back The Actor
- Dileep Discloses The Letter That He Sent To AMMA Post Its Decision To Reinstate Him!
- Dileep Rubbishes Attacked Actress' Claims And Says ‘Never Thwarted Opportunities’
- Following Dileep's Return To AMMA, Attacked Actress Quits The Organisation!
- Kammara Sambhavam Team Will Be Back With Another Movie!
- Dileep, Kavya Madhavan And Meenakshi's New Picture Together Go Viral!
- Dileep's Professor Dinkan: What's The Current Status Of The Movie?
- Meenakshi’s Dubsmash Video Imitating Dileep Is A Big Hit!
Thrissur dialect is common in Malayalam films. It is one of the most loved regional dialects in Kerala and it has been used to full effect in certain Malayalam films.
Now, actor Dileep is all set to join the list of actors, who have turned 'Thrissurkkaran' for films. In an upcoming film, the actor would speak in Thrissur slang for the character.
Here, we list the set of popular actors who have spoken in Thrissur slang in films. Take a look.
Go through the slides to read more..
Mammootty used the Thrissur slang to full effect in the film Pranchiyettan And The Saint, directed by Ranjith. The actor played the role of a rich businessman named Francis, who hails from Thrissur.
Mohanlal is one of those actors who made the slang popular in Malayalam films. In the film Thoovanathumbikal, directed by Padmarajan, the actor played the role of a Thrissurkaran and he spoke in Thrissur slang.
Prithviraj proved that he could handle Thrissur slang pretty well, with the film Sapthamashree Thaskaraha. The film directed by Anil Radhakrishna Menon, had the actor speaking in proper Thrissur slang.
Jayasurya has successfully used the Thrissur slang in three different movies. But, it was the film Punyalan Agarbathis, which made his association with the slang popular, as the film became a huge hit.
In the 2015 release Jamnapyari, actor Kunchacko Boban played the role of an auto rickshaw driver, who hails from Thrissur. The film had the actor speaking in Thrissur slang for the entire running length of the movie.
Jayaram got the chance to speak in Thrissur slang in the film Thiruvambadi Thamban, directed by M Padmakumar. Even though the film failed at the box-office, Jayaram received praises for his portrayal of the lead character in the film.
Reportedly, the upcoming film of Dileep would be directed by Biju Arookutty, who earlier directed the film Dr Love, with Kunchacko Boban in the lead role. The film would have its script written by Y V Rajesh.
According to the reports, the film would be a comedy entertainer that revolves around four lazy friends, who own a sports club in Thrissur. Nothing much has been revealed about the rest of the cast of the film.
Interestingly, more films are in the pipeline, which would have Thrissur as their background. Dulquer Salmaan's upcoming movie with Sathyan Anthikkad would be set in the backdrop of Thrissur and the actor is set to speak in Thrissur slang.
Similarly, Asif Ali's upcoming movie Thrissivaperoor Kliptham, would also be set in the backdrop of Thrissur city.