- SIIMA Awards 2017: Mohanlal & Nayanthara Are The Big Winners Yet Again!
- DID YOU KNOW? Fahadh Faasil Was Offered Dulquer Salmaan's Kammatipaadam!
- IIFA Utsavam 2017 Winners: Dulquer Salmaan & Rajisha Vijayan Bag Top Honours
- Shane Nigam In Rajeev Ravi's Next
- WOW! Vinayakan & 10 Malayalam Films Shortlisted For 64th National Film Awards
- Kerala State Film Awards 2016: How The Results Have Come As A Breath Of Fresh Air!
Dulquer Salmaan starring upcoming period action thriller Kammatipaadam is all set to hit the theatres. Both the audiences and media were eagerly waiting to know the real meaning of the title, Kammatipaadam.
Interestingly, Kammatipaadam was the name of an area, which was located in the heart of Ernakulam city. This area was later developed into a township, and divided into 4 different localities.
Currently, those areas are known as North Giri Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Kumaranashan Nagar, and Jawahar Nagar. The movie, which is directed by cinematographer-director Rajeev Ravi, depicts the development of the old village, into a township.
Reportedly, Dulquer Salmaan is playing the role Krishnan, a local gangster who lived in Kammatipaadam. Vinayakan appears as his best friend Gangan, and Shaun Romy essays Krishnan's girlfriend Anita.
Kammatipaadam is scripted by popular writer-director turned actor, P Balachandran. Suraj Venjarammoodu, Anjali Aneesh, Vinay Forrt, Shine Tom Chacko, Amalda Liz, etc play the supporting roles.
Madhu Neelakandan handles the cinematography. B Ajith Kumar handles the editing. John P Varkey and Vinayakan compose the music. Kammatipaadam is produced by Prem Menon, under the banner Global United Media.