- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
It is a well-known fact that Sathyan Anthikkaad movies featuring Mohanlal, Jayaram and Sreenivasan have attained a cult status among the audiences of Kerala.
But, we have not talked much about Sathyan Anthikkad films which did have Mammootty in the lead role. In fact, most of the films of this pair were different in nature.
Go through the slides to know about some of the best films of Sathyan Anthikkad-Mammootty combo..
Sreedharante Onnam Thirumurivu (1987)
Sreedharante Onnaam Thirumurivu was like most of the Sathyan Anthikkad films back then. But, the film did have a certain attractiveness and we love to watch certain scenes of this film even now. Mammootty was a perfect choice as Sreedharan. But, the film didn't make it big at the box-office.
Artham, was the first time that Sathyan Anthikkad tried his hands at a genre with slight action element. The film did have a thriller mood. Mammootty played the role of a character named Ben Narendran. The film was a success at the box-office and is one of the different movies made by Sathyan Anthikkad, so far.
Kalikkalam had Mammootty in the role of an unnamed person who was kind of a Robinhood. The film laced with light humour takes a different turn in the second half bringing in some thriller elements. Kalikkalam has to be the best work of this team so far.
Golanthara Vartha (1993)
Golanthara Vartha was a typical Sathyan Anthikkad movie and Mammootty did fit in perfectly into the shoes of Rameshan Nair, who is the ideal man.The film was scripted by Sreenivasan.
No.1 Snehatheeram Bangalore North (1995)
Sathyan Anthikkad came up with this movie which had a different premise from the usual ones seen in the director's previous films. The character of Vijay Bhasker suited Mammootty perfectly. The film was scripted and produced by director Fazil.
Oral Mathram (1997)
Oral Mathram, is one of the movies of this combo which has not been much talked about. The film which released in the year 1997, did have some fine moments. This again was a different attempt by Sathyan Anthikkad.
The combination of Sathyan Anthikkadu and Mammootty is hugely underrated and the films shown in the above list is a proof of that. The films from this combo might not have been huge hits, but they were definitely quality ones.
Mammootty and Sathyan Anthikkadu have associated for 8 movies so far, out of which, one was a special guest appearance in the film Gandhinagar Second Street.
Apart from the movies mentioned in the above list, they have also worked together in another movie named Kanalkkattu (1991) which was written by Lohithadas.
Films like Artham and Kalikkalam, came at a time when Sathyan Anthikkad was doing films of the same genre. These films did allow Sathyan Anthikkad to experiment various genres.
Oral Mathram, which released in the year 1997, was the previous occasion in which the team reunited. We hope that, we would get to see another magical film from this combination soon.