- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
Less often, we have seen mainstream heroes opting to play villain roles. Most of the times, we have seen Malayalam actors shying away from taking up such roles, owing to the lead hero image that they have.
But, there are some actors, who have dared to take up negative roles, even at a time, when they were sparkling as lead heroes. Here we list some of the mainstream heroes of Malayalam films, who have dared to play villain roles. Take a look..
Mammootty dared to play the lead role with negative shades, in the film Vidheyan, directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan. His character of Bhaskara Patelar was more or less like a villain character of the film. He did the role at a time when he was sparkling as a hero. More importantly, the film fetched him the National Award for the Best Actor.
Mohanlal made his debut in films portraying a villain role in the film Manjil Virinja Pookkal. Later, he went on to do lead roles in films. In the year 1984, he opted to play a role with negative shades in the film Uyarangalil.
Jayasurya is one such actor who has shown willingness to do any kind of characters. He took up the villain role in the film Iyobinte Pusthakam, directed by Amal Neerad and he simply stole the show as Angur Raavuthar.
Dileep chose to play a role with negative shades in the film Darling Darling. The film had Vineeth, Kavya Madhavan and Dileep in the lead roles. The film came in at a time when most of the films with Dileep in the lead role, were turning out to be huge box office successes.
Asif Ali made his debut as a lead actor with the film Rithu. Later, he featured in good number of films as the main lead. In the film Ordinary, which released in the year 2012, he played the villain role.
Nivin Pauly made his debut with the film Malarvadi Arts Club, in which he played the lead role. With the film Thattahin Marayathu, he got established as a bankable lead actor. Later, the actor showed the guts to appear in a villain role in the film Da Thadiya.
In fact, with the passage of time, the outlook of actors have changed. Young actors of Malayalam film industry are willing to take up such roles provided the role has something or the other to offer for the actor in concern. Recently, young actor Tovino Thomas played the main villain in this year's film Style.
Even actors like Mammootty and Mohanlal are open to play roles with negative shades. Mammootty did play one of the negative roles in the film Paleri Manikyam Oru Paathira Kolapathakathinte Katha.
Prithviraj once had given the nod for the main villain role in the film Arival Chuttika Nakshathram, which was planned to be made with Mammootty in the lead role. The film was later dropped.