- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
Mammootty is one such star who is loved by one and all, in the industry. There is a unique factor that makes him different from other stars and that is the immense amount of faith that he places on his directors.
Recently, in an interview given to South Live, popular director Johny Antony opened up about his views on Mammootty. The actor will be seen in the director's upcoming film Thoppil Joppan.
The director has worked with Mammootty in four films, so far. They first joined hands for Thuruppugulan, that released in the year 2004. Later, they worked together in films like Pattanathil Bhootham, Thappana and the upcoming film Thoppil Joppan.
Johny Antony stated that unlike the other stars, Mammootty is not reluctant to give dates to directors, even if their previous associations have turned out to be flops. The director pointed out the following instance as an example.
Ee Pattanathil Bhootham, which had Mammootty in the lead role was a box office flop. And after the failure, the director was a bit reluctant to face Mammootty. But, during an event, when the actor met the director, the former came forward and asked the director to come up with a new story, to work together once again.
The duo's Thoppil Joppan will have Mammootty in the role of an Achayan. The movie is expected to hit the theatres on October 7, 2016.