- Mammootty's Upcoming Movie All Set To Pocket A Big Achievement?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Continues To Reign At The Top In This List!
- Mammootty’s Peranbu: The Second Teaser Is Out & This One Too is A Heart-Touching One!
- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
Bollywood is most often considered as the face of Indian cinema. Rightly, the Bollywood industry is huge and it is not an easy task to make one's presence felt there.
In spite of that, there are certain Malayalam actors who made a mark in Bollywood, which definitely is a commendable job. Let us take a look at them.
Mammootty is one of the first actors from the industry to enter Bollywood, that too, in a lead role. Mammootty acted in a movie named Dharthiputhra which released in the year 1993. Later, he also starred in Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar which fetched him a National Award. Sau Jhoot Ek Sach is another Bollywood film in which the actor starred.
Mohanlal took his own time to venture into Bollywood and in the year 2002, he debuted in Hindi films through Ram Gopal Varma's Company. His role fetched him appreciations and awards. Later, he acted in movies like RGV Ki Aag and Priyadarshan's Tezz.
Revathi debuted in Hindi films through the film Love released in the year 1991, which had Salmaan Khan in the lead role. She has also starred in a film named Raat directed by Ram Gopal Varma. Later, she went on to direct films like Mitr My Friend and Phir Milenge.
Actress Shobhana has acted in a couple of Hindi films. The first one being Apna Asmaan which released in the year 2007. She also did an important role in Priyadarshan's Mera Baap Pehle Aap. Shobhana also starred in Revathi's directorial debut, Mitr My Friend.
Prithviraj debuted in a lead role through Aiyya which had Rani Mukherji opposite him. Even though this film didn't do well at the box office, his second outing in Hindi through the film Aurangazeb fetched him good reviews and awards.
It was recently that Lena debuted in Bollywood. She played a very important role in Akshay Kumar's latest superhit film Airlift.
Actor Indrajith too, has acted in a Hindi film. The film titled Waiting Room was released in the year 2010 and the film had Indrajith in a brief yet important role.
It is a fact that Malayalam films are going global, so are the actors of the industry. In comparison to the past, the present generation actors are getting better exposure to industries like Bollywood.
Earlier, Bollywood industry was looked upon by Malayalam actors as an industry that is hard to reach. But, the Big M's did show the proper way and they proved that nothing is impossible.
Actors like Mammootty, Mohanlal and Prithviraj were given a good reception by the Bollywood industry. They received much appreciation from various quarters.
Actors like Jagadeesh, Innocent, Nandu, Sona Nair etc also have also got the chance to work in Bollywood through certain films directed by Priyadarshan.
Recently, there were rumours that actor Dulquer Salmaan is gearing up to debut in Bollywood even though there has been no confirmation regarding the news.
Anyways, considering the favourable scenarios, Bollywood industry is wide open for Mollywood actors. Let's hope that we can see our stars shine in Bollywood too.