- Mammootty Returns To Telugu Cinema With YSR Biopic!
- It's Sequels Galore For Mammootty & We Are More Than Excited!
- Jayasurya's Njan Marykutti Begins & Ranjith Sankar Has A Thanksgiving Message To Mammootty!
- Mammootty & Midhun Manuel Thomas To Team Up For Kottayam Kunjachan 2!
- A Question Regarding This Mammootty Starrer Appeared In CBSE Examinations!
- Mammootty's The Great Father To Be Remade In Tamil?
- Parole: The Teaser Of The Mammootty Starrer Is Out!
- Mammootty Launches The First Official Trailer Of My Story!
- This Cute Pic Of Mammootty With A Bunch Of School Kids Is A Must See!
- Suraj Venjaramoodu To Pen The Script For A Mammootty Starrer?
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Mammootty Starrer Abrahaminte Santhathikal's Satellite Rights Already Sold!
- Mohanlal's Latest Click From Odiyan Is Indeed a Stunner!
We have heard and discussed a lot about Malayalam actresses who went on to make a mark in Kollywood. On the other hand, there are certain Malayalam male actors who went to be so popular in Tamil film industry.
Today, we are going to list some of the Malayalam actors who made a mark in Kollywood as lead actors.
Mammootty has been a prominent face in Tamil film industry as well. The actor debuted in Kollywood through the film Thalapathi and has had a dream run since then. He did the lead role in many hit films like Makkal Aatchi, Marumalarchi, Kandukondein Kandukondein, Anandam etc. His upcoming Tamil film directed by Ram has been titled us Peranbu.
Mohanlal's first notable role in Tamil was in Iruvar directed by Mani Rathnam which fetched him huge laurels and appreciation. He has been a part of successful films like Unnaipol Oruvan, Jilla etc.
Jayaram did have a dream run in Kollywood in the 90's with him featuring in number of hit movies. Movies of Jayaram like Murai Maman, Purusha Lakshanam etc emerged as big hits. Of late, he has moved to supporting roles in Tamil films.
Back in the 80's and early 90's, actor Rahman was a sensation in Kollywood. His debut feature film in Tamil was Nilave Malare which released in 1986. Sangamam, Anbulla Appa, Vasantha Ragam etc are his notable films in Tamil.
Prithviraj debuted in Kollywood through the film Kanaa Kandein in which he features as the main antagonist. Mozhi which also had Jyothika in the lead role established him as a lead actor in Kollywood.
It has to be noted that Narain tasted a better success in Kollywood than in Mollywood. The actor had a dream start in Kollywood with the film Chithiram Pesuthedi. He later did the lead role in hit films like Anjaathey, which catapulted his fame
Dulquer Salmaan made a successful entry to Tamil cinema through the film Vaayai moodi Pesavum which also had Nazriya Nazim in the lead role. The film emerged as a hit and established the actor in Kollywood. But, it was Mani Ratnam's OK Kanmani that boosted his fame and popularity in Tamil cinema.
Nivin pauly debuted in Kollywood through the film Neram which was simultaneously made in Tamil and Malayalam. The film emerged as a hit in Kollywood. With Premam creating waves in Tamil Nadu, the actor went on to be hugely popular in Kollywood. The actor would be seen in a Tamil movie soon.
Most of the actors mentioned in the above list have had a good run in Kollywood. Actors like Mammootty, Mohanlal, Jayaram, Prithviraj etc are well-known in Kollywood. Young actors like Dulquer Salmaan and Nivin Pauly have got a huge fan following over there.
The latest to join this list is Fahadh Faasil, who is all set to debut in Kollywood. Fahadh Faasil would be seen essaying a very important role in Mohan Raja's next film which also has Sivakarthikeyan and Nayanthara in important roles.
Nothing much has been revealed about Fahadh Faasil's role in the film. But there are speculations that the actor might be doing the role of the main antagonist in the film.
All these certainly prove that Malayalam actors do have a good market in Tamil film industry. Actors like Kalabhavan Mani, Murali, Lal, Rajan P Dev, Devan, Manoj K Jayan etc have made a name in the industry doing supporting and villain roles.