- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- 5 Top On-screen Looks Of Kaala Star Rajinikanth That Prove He Is More Experimental Than You Think
- Mersal Achieves Two Rare Feats!
- Rajinikanth's Kaala Overtakes Kabali!
- Vivegam Box Office: Sets A New Record In Chennai!
- Thalaivar 161: This Rajinikanth-Pa.Ranjith Movie Will Start Rolling Soon
Kabali opened to mixed reviews in Kerala, but it has not affected the collections of the film across the theatres in Kerala. The film has gone on to set many box office collection records.
Well, the records set by Kabali, might seem hard to be broken but there are certain upcoming Malayalam movies, which have the potential to rewrite those records.
Here we list 5 upcoming Malayalam films which are capable of breaking Kabali's records at the Kerala box office.
Puli Murugan is all set to be the biggest ever release of Malayalam cinema. Even though there isn't a clear idea about the number of screens, the film is expected to open in maximum number of centres in Kerala. If that is the case, the film could set the cash registers ringing and has enormous potential to break the records set by Kabali.
Karnan, might take time to get to the theatres but the wait would be definitely fruitful as it is one of the biggest Malayalam films in the making. The film is expected to have actors from various film industries and when it releases in Kerala, a gargantuan opening is guaranteed.
This is another big budget movie, which is in its initial stages of planning. This untitled film would be another film based on mythological character Karnan. Mammootty is expected to play the lead role in this film,which would be directed by Madhupal. Being a big budget movie, it has the capability to create new records at the box office.
Amal Neerad-Dulquer Salmaan Film
Dulquer Salmaan is the king of Mollywood, while opening collections are considered. Moreover, this film is being made by Amal Neerad, whose films have registered many opening day collection records in the past. Their upcoming film is said to be a family entertainer and the film definitely has the ability to set some collection records.
Oozham might seem to be a surprise inclusion in to this list. But, it has to be noted that the film marks the comeback of Jeethu Joseph-Prithviraj pair after the film Memories and more importantly, the film falls in to the genre of revenge drama. If positive reviews pour in, Oozham could definitely fetch gold and break many of the records set by Kabali at the Kerala box office.
Big budget Films like Puli Murugan, Karnan etc. are the films which have more chances of breaking the records set by Kabali. Other films, if properly marketed and promoted can get close to rewriting the records.
Rajinikanth starrer Kabali released in 306 theatres across the state and records were sure to be broken, with an extremely good advance booking for the film.
The film reportedly fetched 4.27 Crores on it opening day and it eclipsed the records set by Tamil movie I. The Malayalam film with highest opening day collection is Mammootty starrer Kasaba, which fetched 2.48 Crores on its opening day.
Kabali has also turned out to be the fastest film to gross 10 Crores at the Kerala box office. The film achieved this feat in just 3 days.
Now, let us wait and see which Malayalam film would eclipse these records set by Kabali at the Kerala box office.