- It's Sequels Galore For Mammootty & We Are More Than Excited!
- Jayasurya's Njan Marykutti Begins & Ranjith Sankar Has A Thanksgiving Message To Mammootty!
- Mammootty & Midhun Manuel Thomas To Team Up For Kottayam Kunjachan 2!
- A Question Regarding This Mammootty Starrer Appeared In CBSE Examinations!
- Mammootty's The Great Father To Be Remade In Tamil?
- Parole: The Teaser Of The Mammootty Starrer Is Out!
- Mammootty Launches The First Official Trailer Of My Story!
- This Cute Pic Of Mammootty With A Bunch Of School Kids Is A Must See!
- Suraj Venjaramoodu To Pen The Script For A Mammootty Starrer?
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Mammootty Starrer Abrahaminte Santhathikal's Satellite Rights Already Sold!
- Mammootty And Nayanthara To Team Up Once Again?
- Manju Warrier & Indrajith Starrer Mohanlal To Be A Vishu Release!
Recently, there was a news that Mammootty and Mohanlal are getting back to the beautiful locales of Idukki for the shooting of their respective movies. Well, Malayalam cinema's love for Idukki is well-known to all of us and this news shouldn't come as a surprise.
This feature would take you through certain successful Malayalam films that have made use of the beautiful locales of Idukki appropriately.
Sathyan Anthikkad has a profound love for Thodupuzha and that can be seen through his movie Rasathanthram. Almost the entire film was shot in and around areas of Thodupuzha.
Elsamma Enna Aankutty
Lal Jose made use of the beautiful locales of Idukki to shoot his 'Elsamma Enna Aankutty'. Major portions of the movie were shot in a place called Kuninji in Idukki district.
Here is another blockbuster which was shot in and around Thodupuzha. This movie directed by Shafi had its major portions shot in the beautiful locales of Thodupuzha.
Various beautiful locations in Idukki district have been excellently captured in this movie directed by Aashiq Abu. The beauty of Idukki shown at its peak.
The biggest blockbuster of Malayalam cinema was shot in Thodupuzha and whole of the film was set in and around places in Idukki district. Interestingly, the major portions of the Tamil remake of this film was also shot in Thodupuzha.
The story of the much popular Mamachan has been narrated on the backdrop of Thodupuzha in Idukki district. The movie did demand such a location and the place did play the lucky charm indeed.
Amal Neerad successfully captured the beauty of places like Munnar and Vagamon which did gel well with the movie. Rightly, he went on to win the Kerala State Award for Best Cinematographer.
This is the movie that made Idukki so popular among the masses. The whole of the story was set up based on the people of Idukki and their style of living. The entire film was shot in and around Idukki and the song 'Idukki' is more than enough to smell the beauty of the place.
Idukki is genuinely considered as a lucky factor in Malayalam cinema. For instance, most of the movies which have been shot in Thodupuzha district have turned out to be huge hits.
The cooperativeness and gentleness of the people living over there also make the place very friendly to most of the film-makers.
Other language film-makers have also found various places in Idukki district to be the best choice to shoot their movies. Places like Munnar have featured in many Bollywood movies, especially in song sequences.
Apart from the above mentioned films in the list, hit films Ayaalum Njanum Thammil, Ohm Shaanthi Oshana etc had some portions shot in places like Munnar.
Major portions of Mohanlal's latest film 'Oppam' which is being directed by Priyadarshan will be shot in and around Idukki district. Mammootty's upcoming project 'Thoppil Joppan' to be directed by Johny Antony is also said to have Idukki as the major location.