- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Collection: A Phenomenal Opening For The Mammootty Starrer!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Review: A Deft Suspense Thriller That Is A Compelling Watch!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Reply To Taran Adarsh On Mammootty Promoting Karwaan Is A Must-read!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Prediction: The Stage Is Perfectly Set!
- Mammootty Starrer Kunjali Marakkar's Teaser Is On The Way!
- It is Mammootty VS Jayasurya At The Box Office For This Eid?
- A Debonair Mammootty Poses With 4 Actresses For Vanitha Photoshoot & We Can't Take Our Eyes Off!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Teaser: A Perfect Follow-up To The Terrific Trailer!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal New Poster: Mammootty In Khakee Avatar Looks More Than Promising!
- Mammootty Remembers Anthony Bourdain Through A Heart-touching Note!
- Mammootty & Aashiq Abu To Come Together For A film Yet Again?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Trailer: This One Will Definitely Blow Your Mind!
We have heard a lot about Malayalam actresses who have changed their names after coming into films. In fact, there are many actresses who have adopted new names leaving their original names.
But here, we will be discussing about the male lead actors from Malayalam cinema who opted for a new name.
We shall begin with the evergreen hero of Malayalam cinema. The actor's original name was Abdul Khader and he opted for a name change after getting into films.
How many of you know the real name of yesteryear superstar Jayan? His real name was Krishnan Nair and he opted for a change once he entered movies.
Megastar Mammootty's original name is Muhammed Kutty and Mammootty is his pet name. The actor had used Sachin as his screen name in the first few films, but later changed it to Mammootty.
Janapriyanayakan Dileep's original name is Gopalakrishnan. He opted for a change in name once he entered mimicry and subsequently the film industry.
Narain's original name is Sunil. He used his original name in the first few movies, but later changed his name to Narain, once he became popular in Tamil and Malayalam industry.
It was a common sight, especially in the black and white era, when a very recognizable and relatable name was a necessity, to gain acceptance and popularity.
Actors like Sathyan and Madhu, shortened their names from Sathyaneshan Nadar And Madhavan Nair respectively, to make their names easily relatable.
But, with the passage of time, we have witnessed a change in this trend. At present, we seldom see malayalam actors opting for a name change.
If we take a look at the bunch of present young generation malayalam actors, most of them have been using their real names without changing it much.
But, for sure, superstitions do rule the minds of celebrities upto some extent. Still there are actors and directors who believe in the numerology of names and celebrities changing the spelling of their names is a common sight even now.