- Parvathy Has Got This To Say About Mammootty's Kasaba!
- Flashback Eid 2016! How Well Did The Malayalam Movies Of The Season Fare At The Box Office!
- Mammootty & Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Back Together!
- Malayalam Movies Of 2016 That Didn't Live Up To The Expectations!
- Best Of 2016: Pick Your Choice For The Best Malayalam Movie Of The Year!
- Mammootty's 2016: A Decent Year For The Actor!
- Best Of 2016: Top 10 Trailers & Teasers Of Malayalam Movies That Hit The Right Chords!
- Mass Entertainers Of Mammootty Which Had The Actor In A Mass Hero Role!
- Kerala Box Office! Top 5 First Day Grossers Of 2016!
- Pulimurugan First Day Box Office Collections: Breaks Kasaba Record!
- Pulimurugan Opens Big: But Where Is Mohanlal?
- Thoppil Joppan Or Puli Murugan: Which Film Would Break Kasaba's Record?
It has been over a month since we saw some big releases in Malayalam. But, this Eid would witness the release of some exciting movies.
Eid season has been a good one for Malayalam cinema, over the years. Let us take a look at the Malayalam films, which emerged as the Eid box office winners in the past 5 years.
Go through the slides to know more..
Well, 2015 Eid was not that good one for Malayalam cinema. The industry witnessed the release of four films, but only Kunchacko Boban starrer Madhura Naranga could bring in good revenue.
Lal Jose's Vikramadithyan, which released during the Eid season of 2014, went on to become a big hit. The film garnered huge collections and defeated other movies like Manglish, Hi I Am Tony, which released along with it.
2013 was a good one for Malayalam cinema. 4 films got released during the Eid season and 3 of them turned out to be winners. Pullipulikalum Aatinkuttiyum and Memories fetched huge collections. Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi, also fetched decent collections.
Thappana and Mr Marumakan were the major movies released during the Eid season Thappana turned out to be an above average grosser. Since, Eid and Onam were just 1 week apart, these films made it to the theatres as an Eid/Onam release. Run Baby Run, which released on the Onam day was the biggest winner of the season.
Only Pranayam managed to fetch good reviews among the Eid releases of the year 2011. Pranayam had an above average run at the box-office. ;
4 Malayalam movies have been slated for release, during this Eid. The first one to hit the theatres would be Shajahanum Pareekuttiyum, which has Kunchacko Boban and Jayasurya in the lead roles. The film would hit the theatres on July 6, 2016.
On the same day, Manju Warrier's Karinkunnam Sixes would also make it to the theatres. The film has been directed by Deepu Karunakaran.
But, the biggest release of this Eid is the Mammootty starrer Kasaba, which would hit the theatres on July 7, 2016. The film is expected to garner huge box office collections.
Anuraga Karikkin Vellam, which has Asif Ali and Biju Menon in the lead roles, is also expected to hit the theatres this week.
Well, this Eid season would surely be an exciting one for Malayalam cinema. And let us wait and see which among these movies would emerge as the big winners of the season.