- Mammootty's Upcoming Movie All Set To Pocket A Big Achievement?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Continues To Reign At The Top In This List!
- Mammootty’s Peranbu: The Second Teaser Is Out & This One Too is A Heart-Touching One!
- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
The year 1991 was an eventful one for Malayalam film industry. The year had a good number of releases and more importantly, most of them were box-office hits.
Here, we present some of the prominent Malayalam movies, which got released in the year 1991. These films are celebrating their silver jubilee this year.
Go through the slides to know more about the films..
Godfather directed by Siddique-Lal is one of the longest running movies in the history of Malayalam cinema. The film is still considered to be a genuine entertainer with quality content.
Kilukkam, directed by Priyadarshan was one of the most notable releases of the year 1991. The film went on to break many box-office records emerging as one of the biggest hits of the year.
The sequel to the film Aavanazhi, had Mammootty reprising the character of inspector Balram. The film directed by I V Sasi was a big hit just like its prequel.
Sandesam is one of the most loved movies in Malayalam. The film, which is a political satire is considered to be one of the finest movies of this genre.
Ente Sooryaputhrikku was the debut Malayalam film of renowned actress Amala. The film directed by Fazil is considered to be one of the best women-centric films in Malayalam. The film was a big box-office success.
Bharatham, directed by Sibi Malayil had Mohanlal in the role of a Carnatic singer. The film went on to become a commercial and critical success.
Nayam Vyakthamaakkunnu directed by Balachandra Menon, had Mammootty in the role of a politician who gets estranged from his wife. The film did win wide appreciations from the family audiences.
Njan Gandharvan directed by P Padmarajan, was incidentally the last film of the director. The film which had Nitish Bharadwaj and Suparna in the lead roles, went on to attain a cult-classic status
Amaram, directed by Bharathan had Mammootty in the role of a character named Achootty. The film scripted by Lohithadas had some power house performances from the entire cast. Amaram also went on to become a big box-office success
Mookilla Rajyathu would definitely feature among the list of all-time best Malayalam comedy movies. The film had actors like Mukesh, Siddique, Jagathy, Thilakan etc at their best.
Most of the films in the above list went on to become big hits. Many of the films did go on to attain a cult classic status.
Films like Njan Gandharvan, Vasthuhara etc. were not big hits but these films, over the years have went on to garner the appreciations of the people.
The year also witnessed some great performances from Malayalam actors. Mammootty, Mohanlal etc. did give some brilliant performances in films like Amaram and Bharatham respectively.
Bharatham, which released in the year 1991 was a big breakthrough in the career of Mohanlal. The film fetched Mohanlal his very first National Award For The Best Actor. Bharatham was also a box-office hit.
The year also witnessed two big hits in the form of Godfather and Kilukkam, both of which did went on to rewrite many box-office records. Kilukkam broke many box-office collection records whereas Godfather, went on to become the longest running movie in the history of Malayalam cinema.