- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Success: Mammootty & Team Celebrate By Cutting A Cake!
- Mammootty Is All Set To Stun You With Yet Another Mesmerizing Performance!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office First Weekend Collections: The Film Is Super Strong!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Endearing Messages On Father's Day Are Not To Be Missed!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Collection: A Phenomenal Opening For The Mammootty Starrer!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Review: A Deft Suspense Thriller That Is A Compelling Watch!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Reply To Taran Adarsh On Mammootty Promoting Karwaan Is A Must-read!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Prediction: The Stage Is Perfectly Set!
- Mammootty Starrer Kunjali Marakkar's Teaser Is On The Way!
- It is Mammootty VS Jayasurya At The Box Office For This Eid?
- A Debonair Mammootty Poses With 4 Actresses For Vanitha Photoshoot & We Can't Take Our Eyes Off!
When we talk about the term 'Industry Hits', the first thing that would come to your mind would be the name of the recently released Mohanlal starrer Pulimurugan, which broke all the existing box office records and emerged as a big hit.
Yes, industry hits are those films, which have went on to eclipse all the box office records, from time to time. Malayalam film industry has had many industry hits to its credit.
But here, we are going to discuss about those Malayalam actors, who have given these industry hits to Mollywood. Read on (only movie releases after 1980 have been considered).
How can we forget this real superstar, who has given some big blockbusters? His movie Angaadi, which released in the year 1980, went on to become an all-time blockbuster and did break some big box office records. The film, emerged as an industry hit.
In fact, Mohanlal is the person, who has maximum number of industry hits to his credit. His films like Kilukkam, Chithram, Manichithrathazhu, Aaram Thampuran, Narasimham, Drishyam and the most recently released movie Pulimurugan, have emerged as industry hits.
Well, Mammootty is also not far behind as he has some big hits to his credit, which went on to become industry hits. His tryst with industry hits started with the film Aa Rathri, which released in the year 1983. Later, he gave some industry hits in the form of films like New Delhi, Hitler, The King, Rajamanikyam etc.
Mukesh was a real bankable hero during the 80's and the 90's. His films did have a minimum guarantee and rightly, the actor has also one industry hit to his name. His movie Godfather, directed by Siddique-Lal duo, is considered to be an industry hit.
Kunchacko Boban did strike gold with his very first movie. His debut feature film Aniyathipraavu, directed by Fazil, was a big money spinner at the box office and the movie did break many box office records. In fact, the success of the film was a big booster for the industry.
Prithviraj has one movie under his name that turned out to be an industry hit. The 2006 movie Classmates, directed by Lal Jose, went on to break all the box office records back then and emerged as a real blockbuster. The film, which had Jayasurya, Indrajith and Narein in important roles had Prithviraj in the lead role.
In fact, Jeevithanouka, the Malayalam film, which released in the year 1951 is considered to be the first superhit in the history of Malayalam cinema. The film had Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair in the lead role. Similarly, evergreen movie Chemmeen, directed by Ramu Kariat was also an industry hit of those days.
Interestingly, names of some big stars of Mollywood are missing in this list. Surprisingly, actors like Dileep, Suresh Gopi, Jayaram etc. don't have industry hits to their credit. All these actors have some big hits to their credit but none of them managed to be industry hits.