- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
This decade, so far, hasn't been a good one for Mammootty, as far as the box office hits are concerned. Many films of the actor didn't fetch the desired results at the box office, leaving the actor's fans disappointed.
But, some of the Mammootty movies, of this decade so far, did deserve a much better result since those movies did have something in special. Certain movies had to be satisfied with a mere hit tag, despite them being superior quality.
Here, we list 5 Mammootty movies of this decade, so far, that definitely deserved much more at the box office. Read on..
Bombay March 12 (2012)
The movie indeed had a low profile release and it even failed to get a good opening. The directorial debut of Babu Janardhanan, dealt with some important issues and was rather a serious cinema. Nothing bad could be said about this film, which gave some important messages to the society.
Kadal Kadannoru Maathukutty (2013)
Kadal Kadannoru Maathukutty was heavily criticized during the time of its release. The audiences expected something in the lines of Pranchiyettan And The Saint, but they got something else from Ranjith-Mammootty team. But, the movie wasn't a bad one either. Ranjith opted for a different approach in this film and Mammootty handled the subtle character at ease. Definitely, the film deserved a better treatment from the audiences.
Kunjananthante Kada (2013)
The film marked the first association of Salim Ahmed and Mammootty. In fact, Kunjananthante Kada wasn't a typical offbeat film. The film had some black humour and an impeccable performance by Mammootty. But, the movie went down at the box office without creating an impact.
Well, nothing much has to be said about this movie, which undoubtedly is one of the finest movies of this decade, so far. Munnariyippu, narrated the story of a complex character named Raghavan, which Mammootty portrayed brilliantly. The film was declared a hit but it definitely deserved much much more.
Varsham, directed by Ranjith Sankar, was a perfect family drama that was high on emotional quotient. Riding heavily on the immaculate performance of Mammootty, the film managed to become a hit. But, the well-made film did deserve a much better box office result.
Mammootty, is one such actor who gives due importance to movies for the masses and classes. The interest that he took to do movies like Pathemaari, Munnariyippu etc., prove that fact. But, at times, it's sad to see even his fans not supporting the good movies that he does.
In fact, Mammootty has had hits like Bhaskar The Rascal, Pokkiriraja, Pranchiyettan And The Saint, Best Actor, Kasaba, Pathemari etc., but he is definitely in search of a real big hit now. His most recent release Thoppil Joppan had to settle with a hit tag.
The actor's next release is The Great Father, which has been slated as a Christmas release. High hopes are pinned up on the movie and the movie is expected to provide that big hit to Mammootty.