TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
Thoppil Joppan, the Mammootty starring comical thriller directed by Johny Antony started rolling in Ernakulam. The movie is scripted by Nishad Koya, the writer of blockbuster movie Ordinary.
According to the sources, the movie will have Mammootty in the titular role Joppan, a Kabaddi lover. Interestingly, Joppan will be yet another 'achaayan' character from the actor, after a long gap.
Andrea Jeremiah will essay the female lead opposite Mammootty in the movie. The role of Andrea was originally written for Amala Paul. But, the actress turned down the offer due to her highly busy schedule.
Thoppil Joppan will also have another popular heroine, essaying a key role. If the reports are to be true, Nee-Na fame Deepti Sati has been considered for the role. However, the reports are yet to be confirmed.
Harisree Ashokan, Renji Panicker, Suresh Krishna, Alancier, Saju Navodaya, etc will play the supporting roles. Thoppil Joppan is produced Noushad and Jeevan, under the banner Grande Productions.
The movie is a comeback movie for director Johny Antony, who is going through a low phase in his career. Johny has earlier directed Mammootty in some popular movies, including Thuruppugulan and Thappana.