- Mammootty Returns To Telugu Cinema With YSR Biopic!
- It's Sequels Galore For Mammootty & We Are More Than Excited!
- Jayasurya's Njan Marykutti Begins & Ranjith Sankar Has A Thanksgiving Message To Mammootty!
- Mammootty & Midhun Manuel Thomas To Team Up For Kottayam Kunjachan 2!
- A Question Regarding This Mammootty Starrer Appeared In CBSE Examinations!
- Mammootty's The Great Father To Be Remade In Tamil?
- Parole: The Teaser Of The Mammootty Starrer Is Out!
- Mammootty Launches The First Official Trailer Of My Story!
- This Cute Pic Of Mammootty With A Bunch Of School Kids Is A Must See!
- Suraj Venjaramoodu To Pen The Script For A Mammootty Starrer?
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Mammootty Starrer Abrahaminte Santhathikal's Satellite Rights Already Sold!
- It’s Mohanlal In Ranjith’s Next Directorial Venture!
Well, it is always a joy to see Mammootty in the shoes of a mass hero. In the past, the actor has done many films, that fall in to this category and tasted good amount of success.
Now, there are reports doing the rounds that Mammootty is all set to do a mass action entertainer. Reportedly, the upcoming project Vamban, directed by Ranjith, would be in the lines of a powerful action entertainer.
Here, we list some of the best entertainers of Mammootty, which had the actor in a mass hero role.
The King (1995)
Joseph Alex IAS, is an iconic character, which was excellently portrayed by Mammootty, on the screen. The film and the dialogues of the film went on to become big hits. In fact, we still can't imagine anyone other than Mammootty, in the shoes of Joseph Alex.
Well, the film directed by Shaji Kalias had its script written by Ranjith. The film had Mammootty as a character named Arakkal Madhavankutty, who is a protector of sorts for his 4 younger brothers. This film had Mammootty in a different get-up sporting a twirled moustache. The movie went on to become a big box office success.
Rajamanikyam, by far is one of the best mass entertainers of Mammootty. The character had some funny shades but at the same time the character Rajamanikyam was a mass hero of sorts. The film and the character, both were equally well-accepted by Malayalam film audiences
Big B (2007)
Big B, definitely could be considered as one of the best movies of Mammootty. It wasn't a film that had its lead character as a mass hero, with cliched nuances. Big B was different, be it the characterisation or the making of the film. Mammootty nailed in with his performance as Bilaal.
Pokkiri Raja (2010)
Pokkiri Raja was an ultimate entertainer. The film had everything that a superstar movie should have. Mammootty played the role of a gangster named Raja, who comes back to his village to save his brother. Pokkiri Raja had many entertaining sequences to offer and the film turned out to be a big hit at the box office.
Rajadhi Raja (2014)
Rajadhi Raja, directed by Ajay Vasudev, had Mammootty in the role of a middle-aged man named Shekharan Kutty, who is a reformed gangster. Rajadhi Raja was declared a hit at the box office. The film was one of the most successful mass entertainers of Mammootty in the recent times.
Most recently, the actor was seen in Nithin Ranji Panikker's Kasaba, which had the actor playing the role of a cop named Rajan Zachariah. The film saw the actor donning the uniform of a mass police officer, after a brief break. Kasaba enjoyed a good run at the box office.
Apart from the above mentioned films, there are many other Mammootty movies like Kottayam Kunjachan, Mayavi etc., which were in the lines of mass entertainers.
Well, if speculations turn out to be true and Vamban shapes up as a mass entertainer, we are sure that the film would break some of the existing box office records.