- Mohanlal’s Look From Lucifer Has Been Revealed & The First Look Poster Garners Big Appreciations!
- Mohanlal's Lucifer Begins & Reports Suggest That The Film Has A Big Star Cast!
- When Mohanlal Watched The FIFA World Cup 2018 Finals!
- Neerali Box Office Collections Day 4: Mohanlal's Film Set To Become A Big Disappointment
- Neerali Box Office Collections: Opens On A Decent Note
- Neerali Box Office Prediction: A Strong Opening On The Cards For This Mohanlal Starrer?
- Neerali Review: A Dwindling Cliffhanger That Manages To Thrill At Parts!
- Neerali Twitter Review: LIVE Updates On The Mohanlal Starrer!
- Before Neerali: Revisiting The 5 Best Thrillers Of Mohanlal In This Decade So Far!
- Mohanlal Is All Set To Take You For A Scintillating Ride With 4 Big Releases!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Remya Nambeesan Hits Back At Mohanlal; Claims Survivor Is Disgusted With His Remarks On The AMMA Row
Mohanlal is definitely going through a purple patch with back-to-back hits to his credit. In fact, the decade, so far, has been a mixed one for Mohanlal with both hits and flops to his credit.
The actor has delivered two industry hits, first in the form of Drishyam, released in the year 2013 and later in the form of the all-time blockbuster movie, Pulimurugan, which released recently.
But, in between, the actor had given a few flops. At the same time, it also has to be noted that some of his quality movies, had to settle with a hit tag alone.
Here, we are listing 5 Mohanlal movies of this decade, so far, that deserved much more. Read on..
This film, directed by Blessy, is by far, one of the best movies of Mohanlal, in this decade, so far. The actor had given a brilliant performance as Mathews and the movie had its heart at the right place, while narrating a matured love story. Sadly, the film wasn't a big hit at the box office. In fact, such movies deserve a much better reception.
The film was a success at the box office, but did it get the desired result? Maybe not. In fact, Snehaveedu was one such movie, which brought back the mannerisms of old Mohanlal. The character had that innocence and simplicity, associated with the ones, which the actor had done in the past.The movie had to settle down with a hit tag.
We are not saying that Grandmaster wasn't a hit. But, the movie had the caliber and quality to emerge as a blockbuster. It is hard to accept that the movie collected less than Mohanlal's other films like China Town, Loham etc. In fact, Grandmaster was a quality investigative thriller, which deserved a blockbuster status.
Red Wine (2013)
Red Wine, which had Mohanlal, Fahadh Faasil and Asif Ali in the lead roles, is a real under-rated work. The film was a slow-paced investigative drama, which moves through the different characters of the film. Red Wine, couldn't make a mark at the box office and went down as a flop.
Actually, Koothara was a movie about a group of youngsters but Mohanlal, did play an important role in the film. His character appears only in the second half of the film, but he makes his presence felt. In fact, the character of Usthad Saali, was completely different from the roles that he had done in the past. Koothara, was definitely a movie, that deserved success.
Anyhow, the big successes of films like Oppam and Pulimurugan, have made this decade a special one for Mohanlal. He gave the Malayalam film industry its first 100 Crore movie in the form of Pulimurugan.
Mohanlal's next release is Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, directed by Jibu Jacob. The film would mark the return of Mohanlal to common man roles. The film would hit the theatres on December 22, 2016.