- No Fallout With Jayasurya, Says 'IDI' Director Sajid Yahiya
- Jayasurya's Funny Note To Prithviraj!
- IDI – Inspector Dawood Ibrahim Movie Review: A Weak Punch!
- IDI - Inspector Dawood Ibrahim: 5 Reasons To Watch The Film
- Highlights Of The Week (August 01 – August 07): Mollywood News At A Glimpse!
- CONFIRMED! Marubhoomiyile Aana To Release On August 12!
- Malayalam Movies To Watch Out For In The Month Of August!
- Inspector Dawood Ibrahim (IDI) Teaser Review: Overloaded Masala!
- Jayasurya's IDI & Pretham To Release On Same Day!
- First Teaser Of Jayasurya's IDI To Release on June 3!
- Upcoming Movies Of Jayasurya: A Bagful Of Exciting Projects
- 5 Times When Jayasurya Impressed Us With Change In Looks!
The month of August did start in a good fashion for Malayalam film industry, with all the three films that released during the first week of August doing good business and garnering good reports from all over.
The second week of August also witnessed the release of four Malayalam films and not all have gone well with the audiences. At the same time, the past week was a bad one for Malayalam film industry as some prominent film personalities breathed their last.
Go through the slides to read more Mollywood news from the past week..
4 Malayalam Movies Hit The Theatres
4 Malayalam movies did hit the theatres in the past week. Marubhoomiyile Aana, IDI, Pretham and Perariyathavar were the major films that got released in the past week. Perariyathavar was released in a very few number of screens.
Pretham Garners Good Reports
Out of the 3 commercial movies that were released, only Ranjith Sankar's Pretham has managed to receive good reviews from the audiences. According to the reports, the film has garnered 1.75 Crores from the first two days of its release.
Ann Maria Kalippilaanu Continues Its Good Run
Ann Maria Kalippilaanu, which released on August 5, 2016 did have a slow start at the box-office, but with some good word of mouth, the box office collections of the film did soar to new heights.
The past week was a bad one for Malayalam cinema as the industry witnessed the loss of some prominent film personalities. Prominent director Sasi Sankar, mimicry artiste turned actor Sagar Shiyas and veteran writer T A Razak, breathed their last.
Divya Unni Heading For A Divorce
Yesteryear actress Divya Unni, who left the film world after her marriage, did come up with a shocking revelation, when she admitted that she has parted ways with her husband. The actress revealed the truth during an interview given to a popular Malayalam magazine.
Trailer Of Pinneyum Released
The trailer of upcoming Malayalam film Pinneyum, directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan, was released recently. The film has Dileep and Kavya Madhavan in the lead roles. The trailer has garnered good reception from various quarters.
The past week witnessed the release of four Malayalam films in the form of Pretham, IDI, Marubhoomiyile Aana and Perariyathavar.
Most of the major releases of this month has already hit the theatres and only Dileep's Pinneyum is the left for release in this month.
Pinneyum, directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan marks the comeback of Dileep-Kavya Madhavan pair after a brief break. The trailer of the film got released recently, and high hopes have been pinned up on this movie.
Apart from Pinneyum, upcoming Malayalam film Popcorn, directed by Aneesh Upasana and featuring Soubin Shahir, Shine Tom Chacko and Srinda Ashab in the lead roles, is also expected to hit the theatres this week.