- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- 5 Top On-screen Looks Of Kaala Star Rajinikanth That Prove He Is More Experimental Than You Think
- Mersal Achieves Two Rare Feats!
- Rajinikanth's Kaala Overtakes Kabali!
- Vivegam Box Office: Sets A New Record In Chennai!
- Thalaivar 161: This Rajinikanth-Pa.Ranjith Movie Will Start Rolling Soon
Kabali fever had taken a firm grip over Mollywood and Kerala box office in the past week. Like the entire nation, Mollywood also was talking about Kabali.
No other Malayalam movie had the scope to score at the box-office amidst the Kabali craze. Here we list some of the major highlights of the past week.
Kabali Creates History At Kerala Box Office
Kabali craze in Kerala did take an all new height in the past week. The film, which released in 306 theatres across Kerala did have an excellent advance booking and the film reportedly raked in 4.27 Crores on Day 1 at the Kerala box office.
Pa.Va Makes It To The Theatres
The makers of Pa.Va had the guts to release their film along with Kabali. The number of centres were seemingly less, but the film has been getting decent reviews. We have to wait to know the exact business made by the film at the Kerala box office.
Kabali Waves Hurt Kasaba And Karinkunnam Sixes
As said earlier, the past week wasn't a good one for Malayalam movies as such. Many films did drown amidst the Kabali waves. Films like Kasaba and Karinkunnam Sixes were the most affected since both the films did find a reduction in the number of shows.
Anuraga Karikkin Vellam Continues To Do Good Business
Anuraga Karikkin Vellam, which won the best reviews among the Eid releases has done good enough to hold much of the centres, despite the Kabali waves. The film also has had reduction in shows, but in comparison with other films, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam has done decent enough to sustain good number of screens.
Trailer Of Oppam Opens Well
Trailer of Oppam, which released along with Kabali, did open to great response. The trailer edited by Alphonse Puthren did win wide appreciations and the expectations on the film has taken an all new level.
Dileesh Pothan Announces His Next
Team Maheshinte Prathikaaram came up with an exciting announcement in the past week. Dileesh Pothan would team up with Fahadh faasil yet again for the upcoming venture titled as Thondimothalum Driksakshiyum. The film would also have Alencier Ley and Soubin Shahir in important roles.
Kabali, which released on July 22, 2016 has opened to mixed reviews in Kerala. Many Malayalam movies like Kasaba lost screens and we have to wait to see whether these films would regain their centres in the coming days.
The only Malayalam film which released in the last week was Pa.Va directed by Sooraj Tom. The film which has Anoop Menon and Murali Gopy in the lead roles got released in good number of theatres in Kerala.
Pa.Va, which is the acronym of Paapanekurichum Varkiyekurichum has an ensemble star cast comprising of actors like KPAC Lalitha, Renji Panicker, Indrans, Asokan,Ranjini, Kaviyoor Ponnamma, Bhagyalakshmi, Prayaga Martin, Muthumani etc in prominent roles.
The upcoming week holds a lot for Malayalam cinema with three movies gearing up for release. Mammootty's much awaited film White directed by Uday Ananthan is expected to hit the theatres on July 29, 2016.
Apart from that, Kismath directed by Shanavas Baavakutty and Guppy directed by Johnpaul George is also expected to release on July 29, 2016.