- Uncle Box Office Collections: A Good Opening In The UAE!
- Mammootty's Maamaankam: The New Fan Made Poster Of The Movie Goes Viral!
- When Mammootty Handed Over The Trophy To Parvathy At Asianet Film Awards 2018!
- Mammootty To Play A Cop In This Much Awaited Film?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal: The Third Poster Of The Mammootty Starrer Is Out & It Is A Stunner!
- This Mammootty Starrer Has Yet Another Feather On Its Cap!
- Mammootty's Abrahaminte Santhathikal To Release On This Date?
- Mammootty Vs Mohanlal! Epic Box Office Clash On Cards As Two Big Movies Are In The Pipeline?
- Mammootty's Abrahaminte Santhathikal Creates A Huge Impact On Social Media!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal: The First Video Song From The Film Is Out!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal: The New Poster Of The Mammootty Starrer Is Here!
- This Picture Of Mammooty & Team Has A Big Speciality Associated With It!
'Hard work always pays', we needn't look around much for examples to prove this adage, since our Malayalam film industry itself has many such celebrities who climbed up the ladder with sheer hard work.
Here, we are listing some of the stars of the Mollywood industry, who began doing small and uncredited roles in films, but later went on to make it big in the industry.
Go through the slides to know more about the stars..
Mammootty started off his career in films, doing small and uncredited roles. He first appeared in the film Anubhavangal Paalichakal where he made an uncredited appearance. Later, he played a small role in 1973 film Kalachakram. He had to wait till 1980, to make his presence felt in a film, when he played an important role in Vilkkanund Swapnangal. And the rest is history!
Janapriyanayakan Dileep started off as an assistant-director and back then he got to play some minute roles. In the film, Ennodishtam Koodamo, he did a very small role of a guy in the villain's gang. The actor was also spotted in a driver's role in Sibi Malayil's Sagaram Sakshi.
Versatile actor Jayasurya is yet another star who started off doing small roles. He made an uncredited appearance in the film Pathram, starring Suresh Gopi. Later, he featured in Dileep and Kunchacko Boban starrer Dosth, in which he played the role of a college student.
Many don't know that Sai Pallavi did make an appearance in films before Premam released. The actress was spotted doing a very small role, as Kangana Ranaut's friend in the Tamil film Dhaam Dhoom.
Urvashi is one of the most talented actresses that the Malayalam film industry has ever produced. The actress did start her career as a child artist in films, doing small roles.
Jayan, who reigned as one of the biggest action superstars of Malayalam cinema once, started off in films doing small and uncredited roles. He featured in similar roles in some of the movies in the early 1970's, until he appeared in the film Panchami in which he featured as the villain character.
All young actors and aspiring artists out there could take a leaf out of the success stories of the stars mentioned in the above list.
The success of actors like Mammootty, Dileep and Jayasurya once again proves the fact that it isn't just luck, that matters. Without hard work, nothing is going to shift in your favour and success is determined by sheer hard work.
Take the case of Mammootty, who started off with uncredited roles in films and with his sheer dedication, determination and undying passion went on to become one of the finest actors of the Indian film industry.
With time, the scenarios have changed and the magnitude of struggles required by actors have toned down a bit. Unlike in the past, now avenues and openings are plenty, which is definitely a booster for all the young actors in the industry.