- Revisiting The Box Office Voyage Of Premam On The Third Anniversary Of The Trendsetter Movie!
- Alphonse Puthren's Next With The Premam Team: First Look Poster Is Out!
- CUT TO 2015: When Nivin Pauly & Co. Overpowered Suriya's Mass!
- Premam Turns 2: A Film That Was A Gamechanger For Nivin Pauly, Sai Pallavi & Others!
- IN PICS: Siju Wilson Enters Wedlock
- Rumour Has IT! Kalidas Jayaram In Alphonse Puthren's Next?
- MUST READ! Alphonse Puthren Opens Up About His Next Venture!
- Much Like Sakhavu: Other Nivin Pauly Movies That Explored The Actor In Him!
- MUST READ! Alphonse Puthren's Wish List Of Movies Is Quite Interesting!
- Nivin Pauly's Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela: Release Delayed?
- Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol Is Racing Ahead At The UK Box Office!
- 5 Biggest Hits Of Nivin Pauly In The Last 5 Years!
One year back, on the very same day, Malayalam cinema witnessed the arrival of a film, which later went on to break and rewrite many existing box-office records.
Yes, we are talking about the much loved movie Premam, which released on May 29, 2015. On the First Anniversary of the film, we present you the 5 things that Premam taught the Malayalm film industry.
Trailers And Teasers Are Purely Optional!
Interestingly, the makers didn't even release a teaser of the film, prior to the film's release. Something which is uncommon nowadays. When many criticized this move, the Premam team proved that what matters is the quality of the film.
9 Songs In a film? No Problem, Just Place It Well!
When was the last time when a Malayalam film had more than 9 songs in it? When Alphonse Puthren announced that, the film would have 9 songs, many thought about its placement. But, the director was spot on, and he simply showed how to place each and every song, without affecting the flow of the movie
A Film Is Much More Than The Storyline
If we take a close look, it could be found that the film Premam is not just about a story. It is a travel through the different stages of protagonist George's life. The film had some great moments and a good central theme, packed well by the director.
Yes, Malayalam Films Do Have A Big Market In Tamil Nadu!
There was a time when the Malayalam film industry was worried about Malayalam films box-office collection, outside the state. Premam was instrumental in finding a solution to this. The movie was a big hit in Tamil Nadu and interestingly the film went on to run for 250 days in a theatre in Chennai.
Fresh Faces And Newcomers Are Always Welcomed!
Premam proved the fact that, a film is just not about the stars. Premam, had only one prominent face from the industry in a full-length role, and that is Nivin Pauly. Rest of the cast and crew comprised of newcomers and relatively freshers. In fact, it was this freshness that gave the movie a great mileage
Premam, directed by Alphonse Puthren had Nivin Pauly in the lead role. Apart from him, the film had actors like Krishna Sankar, Shabareesh Varma, Sai Pallavi, Madonna Sebastian, Anupama Parameswaran, Sharafudheen, Siju Wilson, Soubin Shahir, Vinay Forrt etc in prominent roles.
Premam, even after 1 year of its release, has not lost its glory. Still people talk about Premam, the songs of the film, the scenes of the film. A status that all films don't get.
Premam did break many box-office records and at the same time, the film did break many beliefs and some pre-conceived notions that existed in the film industry.
In fact, Premam went on to enjoy some unanimously positive reviews. Critics too went on to praise the film for the quality that the film possessed. The film went on to score big in all departments, giving us the sight of a complete cinema.