- Mohanlal's Marakkar – Arabikadalinte Simham: The Film To Feature These Popular Actors As Well?
- Mohanlal & Priyadarshan To Team Up For The Biggest Ever Project In The History Of Malayalam Cinema!
- OH NO! Priyadarshan's Next Movie Isn't With Mohanlal?
- WAIT! Mohanlal-Priyadarshan Team's Kunjali Marakkar Is NOT Shelved!
- Is Mohanlal's Kunjali Marakkar On Cards? Priyadarshan Answers!
- CONFIRMED! Mohanlal-Priyadarshan Team’s Next Will Be A Period Movie!
The post-production works of Oppam, the upcoming film of Priyadarshan-Mohanlal duo is progressing at a fast pace.
Expectations are quite high on this project, which has been tagged as a crime thriller, a different one from director Priyadarshan.
According to the director Priyadarshan, Oppam is his best work so far. The director has put in good amount of effort for the film and he feels that the film would be his best movie of his career do far.
Priyadarshan also opined that the screenplay of Oppam is one of the toughest that he has done so far. He also stated that it was a challenging experience to write a script of this genre. Oppam has its story written by Govind Vijayan.
It is after a gap that Priyadarshan is penning a script for a Malayalam movie. Most of his recent movies in Malayalam like Geethanjali, Arabiyum Ottakavum P Madhavan Nayarum etc. had its script written by other writers. Aamayum Muyalum was a remake of his own Hindi film Malamaal Weekly, which was written by the director himself.
It was for the film Vettam that Priyadarshan had written the screenply previously. Priyadarshan had co-written the script with Udayakrishna-Sibi K Thomas.
Oppam, which has Mohanlal in the role of a blind man has also actors like Aju Varghese, Samuthirakkani, Chemban Vinod Jose, Vimala Raman, Nedumudi Venu, Innocent, Renji Panicker etc in peominent roles.
The film is expected to hit the theatres during the Onam season.