- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
If you are a person born in the 80's or the 90's, you would have watched this particular movie umpteen number of times. Yes, we are talking about the Mammootty starrer Manu Uncle, which is still considered to be one of the best children's films in Malayalam.
The film, marked the directorial debut of veteran screenwriter Dennis Joseph. The film produced by Joy Thomas, released in the year 1988. The movie had an interesting storyline with some good comical moments and suspense elements associated with it.
Manu Uncle featured actors like Mammootty, M G Soman, Thyagarajan, Prathapachandran, Lizzy etc., in important roles. The film also had special appearances by Mohanlal and Suresh Gopi.
In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to remake this particular movie. But who would be the perfect replacements for the lead casts of the movie? Here, we discuss that in this week's Past To Present. Read on..
Dulquer Salmaan As Manu Uncle
How about casting Dulquer Salmaan in the role of Manu Uncle? Interesting, isn't it? We feel that the actor could excel in this particular role, which has some humorous shades to it. He is obvious to make the scenes with the kids a special one with his charm.
Nivin pauly As Nivin Pauly
Well, Mohanlal had played himself in this movie and made a guest appearance, which is still one of his best. If Manu Uncle is being remade, we feel a guest appearance of Nivin Pauly as himself would be the perfect choice. The actor is sure to make the special appearance indeed a special one.
Unni Mukndan As Minnal Prathapan
The character Minnal Prathapan was a game changer in the career of Suresh Gopi. The film showed that the actor could do comedy roles with ease. From the young generation of actors, Unni Mukundan is the perfect choice for this role of a police officer with a comic side.
Akshara Kisore, Gaurav Menon, Sanoop Santhosh – The Gang Of Kids
The child actors were the life of this movie. In fact, the children played important roles and they did have a lot to perform. From the present lot of child artistes, the likes of Akshara Kishore, master Gaurav, Sanoop Santhosh etc., would fit in perfectly to these roles.
Sudheer Karamana As Raavunni Menon
Raavunni Menon, is a character filled with lot of suspense elements. The character played by Prathapachandran could be easily portrayed by Sudheer Karamana, if a remake is in consideration. Sudheer Karamana is sure to impress in this role that has a bit of negative shade.
Vijay Babu As Gomes
Thyagarajan had made the role of Gomes a memorable one. Gomas is a robber, who is out there to steal Marthanda Varma's sword. Vijay Babu would fit in perfectly to this role and the perfect reference for that is his role in the recently released Mudhugauv, in which he played a ruthless gangster.
Siddique As Manu's Father
Veteran actor M G Soman had played this character in the original version. From the present lot of actors, Siddique would fit in perfectly to this role of a character, who is a senior police officer.
Aparna Balamurali As Uma
Aparna Balamurali, who is now one among the lead actresses in Malayalam film industry, would be the ideal choice to play the role of Uma, the younger sister of Manu uncle, played by Lizzy in the original.
The film, which was declared as a hit at the box office made a name of its own in the award circuits, as well. The film won the award for the Best Children's film at both the Kerala State Film Awards and the National Film Awards.