- Mohanlal Acted In The Blockbuster Movie Pulimurugan Without Receiving Remuneration!
- STUNNING! Aadu 2 Breaks The Big Record Of Pulimurugan!
- Ramaleela Box Office: The Dileep Starrer Is Now Next Only To Mohanlal's Pulimurugan!
- WOW! Pulimurugan Finds A Place In The Race For The Oscars!
- Villain & Other Malayalam Movies With Maximum Number Of Shows On Day 1!
- WOW! Villain Is Next Only To Pulimurugan And The Great Father!
- Villain To Break Pulimurugan's Record Again!
- WOW! Villain Breaks The Record Of Pulimurugan
- Mohanlal's Pulimurugan: 1 Year Of The Record-breaking Blockbuster!
- YET AGAIN! Baahubali 2 Bows Down In Front Of Mohanlal's Pulimurugan!
- Mohanlal's New Look In Odiyan, The Stunning Trailer Of Villain & Other Mollywood News Of The Week!
- Mohanlal's Pulimurugan Becomes The First Ever Indian Movie To Achieve This!
50-Crore club for Malayalam films! 10 years ago, it would have been hard to think about such a club, since the market of Malayalam films was considered to be restricted within the state alone.
But, with time, the reach of Malayalam films have attained newer heights and the number of theatres in the state has increased, which in turn has helped Mollywood to maintain such an elite club.
Here, we list some of the Malayalam films, which entered the 50-Crore club.
Drishyam, which released in the year 2013, was the first Malayalam film to cross the landmark. The film, crossed the 50-Crore mark with ease and according to certain reports, the film went on to fetch 75 Crores from the worldwide box office.
In fact, it was Nivin Pauly's Premam, which was the second entrant to this club. The film was equally popular in Kerala and other South Indian states. Premam too, crossed the 50-Crore mark in a grand style.
Ennu Ninte Moideen (2015)
Ennu Ninte Moideen, which had Prithviraj and Parvathy in the lead role, did have a slow start but later cruised ahead to make it big at the box office. The film, reportedly made an excess of 60 Crores from the worldwide box office.
Two Countries (2015)
The year 2015, was a good one for Malayalam film industry, as far as box office collections were concerned. Two Countries was Dileep's first movie to cross the 50-Crore mark. The film fetched gold at the box office.
Oppam, which was one of the Onam releases of this year, is one of the films of this year to cross this mark. The film, recently join the elite league, in style.
Mohanlal's Pulimurugan is the latest entrant to this league. In fact, the movie is also the fastest to cross the 50-Crore mark. Reportedly, the film only took 14 days to cross 50 Crores at the worldwide box office.
So far, 6 films have made it to this elite club. Mohanlal has three films in the club whereas Dileep, Prithviraj and Nivin Pauly have one film each in the 50-Crore club.
Meanwhile, Mohanlal's Oppam and Pulimurugan are continuing their impressive run at the box office. Pulimurugan is on a record breaking spree and all eyes are on this film, since the movie is expected to bring in the 100-Crore club to Mollywood, just like the way Drishyam introduced the 50 Crore club.
Well, success of these many films is definitely a huge boost for the industry. These films have proved that Mollywood is not far behind any other language film industries.