- 5 Best Politics Based Movies In Malayalam!
- Sandesham for a sequel
- Popular Malayalam Actor Sreenivasan Hospitalised!
- Actor Dileep’s Arrest: Sreenivasan Comes Out With His Opinion!
- Sreenivasan Talks About Sunday Holiday & His Favourite Film!
- Sunday Holiday Movie Review: A Good Pick For Your Next Holiday!
- Another Star Kid All Set For A Debut In Mollywood!
- Asif Ali's Sunday Holiday All Set To Hit The Theatres Tomorrow!
- Ayal Sasi Box Office: Opening Day Kerala Collections
- Vineeth Sreenivasan Reveals His Biggest Wish As A Film-maker!
- FLASHBACK! When Dulquer Salmaan & Vineeth Sreenivasan Planned A Movie Together!
- Past to Present: Who Is The Best To Replace Mohanlal If Mukunthetta Sumithra Vilikkunnu Is Remade?
- Sakhavu Movie Review: Has Its Heart At The Right Place, But..
It was in the year 1991, that Malayalam film industry witnessed the release of one of the finest political satires ever. A genre which was somewhat untouched and unexplored completely by Malayalam cinema.
It has been 25 years since the release of the film Sandesam and the theme of the film holds relevance even now. Here are the 5 reasons why we love watching Sandesam even now.
1. Mirror Image Of Political Parties
Sandesam did take a dig at the political scenario of the State. The film which followed a satirical model did put forward some points which hold relevance even now. Indirectly, the film was a mirror image of the political parties of the State.
2. Message To The Aimless Youth
The film has some important message to be given to aimless youth. It talks about the responsibilities of one towards his/her family. The best part is that, the film succeeds in delivering that message without being much preachy.
3. Best Script Of Sreenivasan
Sandesam is undoubtedly one of the finest scripts written by Sreenivasan. Be it the dialogues or the characterizations, all have a freshness and uniqueness associated, which make the film a class apart.
4. Memorable Characters
The film has many memorable characters and all the characters have an identity of their own. Even the character Udayabhanu played by Siddique, who has a limited screen space, has an identity of its own and has something to offer.
5. Performance Of Actors
The performances of the actors took the film to another level. Performances of actors like Thilakan, Oduvil Unnikrishnan, Sankaradi, Mala Aravindan in this film prove the fact that they are hard to be replaced.
Sandesam is regarded as a cult classic of Malayalam cinema. The film even went on to win a coveted position in IBN Live's list of 100 greatest Indian films of all time.
This sole feat talks volumes about the impact that the film made on the society. Directed by Sathyan Anthikkad, the film had the script written by Sreenivasan.
Sandesam is one such Malayalam film which has got a good amount of repetitive views on televisions. The fact that the film is being aired on various TV channels continuously, is a testimony to that.
The film which released in 1991, was a success at the box-office, but considering the fan following that the film has, the film would have been a much bigger success if it had released now.