- Revisiting The Box Office Voyage Of Premam On The Third Anniversary Of The Trendsetter Movie!
- Alphonse Puthren's Next With The Premam Team: First Look Poster Is Out!
- CUT TO 2015: When Nivin Pauly & Co. Overpowered Suriya's Mass!
- Premam Turns 2: A Film That Was A Gamechanger For Nivin Pauly, Sai Pallavi & Others!
- IN PICS: Siju Wilson Enters Wedlock
- Rumour Has IT! Kalidas Jayaram In Alphonse Puthren's Next?
- MUST READ! Alphonse Puthren Opens Up About His Next Venture!
- Much Like Sakhavu: Other Nivin Pauly Movies That Explored The Actor In Him!
- MUST READ! Alphonse Puthren's Wish List Of Movies Is Quite Interesting!
- Nivin Pauly's Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela: Release Delayed?
- Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol Is Racing Ahead At The UK Box Office!
- 5 Biggest Hits Of Nivin Pauly In The Last 5 Years!
Remaking a hit film is not an easy task, especially when the original film is from Malayalam, as it is very difficult to find the apt replacement for the actors.
But, many Malayalam films have been remade to different languages, while some tasted success, some other films went on to become epic failures. Here, we list a few Malayalam films, the remakes of which were disappointments.
Go through the slides to know more about the films...
Hitler, which had Mammootty in the lead role was remade in to Hindi as Krodh, with had Suniel Shetty replacing Mammootty, as the hero. The film was an utter disappointment with wrong casting affecting the film badly.
In harihar Nagar
In Harihar Nagar was remade in to Hindi by Priyadarshan. In 2007, Priyadarshan came up with the film Dhol, which was the remake of the hit Malayalam film. The film was a disappointment when compared with the original.
Bangalore Days is one of the most loved movies of Malayalam but when the movie got remade to Tamil as Bangalore Naatkal, the film lost its soul completely. The Tamil version of the film was a flop at the box-office.
CID Moosa is one of the best entertainers of all time. The film was remade in to Tamil as Seena Thana 001, with Prasanna in the lead role. Even though, the film was a moderate success at the box-office, it was nowhere near the original.
Thalavattam, directed by Priyadarshan had a Hindi remake, which was made by the director himself, with Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor in the lead roles. The film flopped at the box-office and is considered to be one of the worst remakes.
The evergreen classic Sanmanassullavarkku Samadhanam, was remade in to Hindi by Priyadarshan as Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar with Suniel Shetty and Mahima Chaudhari in the lead roles. This again, was a failed attempt when compared with the original.
Drishyam, the biggest blockbuster in the history of Malayalam cinema, has had remakes in various languages. But, the Hindi version of the film directed by Nishikanth Kammath, was thrashed heavily by the critics.
Spadikam was remade in to Tamil as Veerappu, with Sundar C and Prakash Raj reprising the roles done by Mohanlal and Thilakan respectively in the original. Although, the film was a success at the box-office, the film wasn't appreciated by the Malayalam audiences.
Many don't know that Malayalam blockbuster film New Delhi had an official Hindi remake directed by Joshiy himself. The film had Jeethendra in the lead role but was a big flop at the box-office.
Nivin Pauly starrer Premam, was one of the most talked about films in the recent times. The film, went on to become a big hit at the box-office and now, the Telugu remake of the film is all set to hit the theatres.
Recently, a video song from the film got released online and it has left all Premam fans disappointed. Seemingly, a major section of audiences have not liked the performances of the lead stars in the song.
Telugu version of the film features Naga Chaitanya in the lead role along with Shruthi Haasan, Anupama Parameswaran and Madonna Sebastian.
Being the remake of a hit malayalam film, comparisons are inevitable and we hope that the movie as a whole, would do justice to the original and would come out successful.