- Rima Kallingal Vouches Her Support For Anna Rajan Aka Lichi!
- WOW! Rima Kallingal's New Makeover Is Sure To Stun You!
- Unni Mukundan Is All Set To Impress The Audiences With His Work In Clint!
- Rima Kallingal To Star In A Film Based On Kochi Metro! A Superstar To Play E Sreedharan?
- Rima Kallingal & Suraj Venjaramoodu To Team Up For 'Aabhaasam'!
- Manju Warrier, Parvathy, Rima Kallingal & Co With A Women's Union In Mollywood
Rima Kallingal in one such actress who is well-known for her bold attitude. She never shies away from giving her opinion about various issues.
Recently, in an interview given to Times Of India, the actress spoke about some misogynistic elements that are prevailing in Malayalam films.
She stated that misogyny in films exists since they are being enjoyed by the audiences.She is of the opinion that a real change must happen in the society first, since films are mere reflections of the society that we live in.
She pointed out a few scenes from yesteryear Malayalam films, which had some misogynistic elements associated with them. In the film Midhunam, there is a scene towards the end of the movie in which the character played by Urvashi apologises to Mohanlal. The actress stated, while watching the film in her childhood days, she has wondered what fault the character had done.
Rima Kallingal also added that the dialogues like those in the film Narasimham in which the hero tells the heroine that 'I want a wife to kick when I come back home' would send the wrong message to the youth who would celebrate these dialogues in every way.
She is of the view that artistes are the ones who should come forward to make a change in the society by bringing movies with a change.
Well, we would really like appreciate the thoughts of Rima Kallingal and voicing her opinion about misogyny in films.