- Much-awaited Malayalam Movies To Watch Out For In The Second Half Of 2018!
- Half-yearly Box Office Report 2018: Malayalam Movies That Set The Cash Registers Ringing!
- Neerali, Abrahaminte Santhathikal & Other Malayalam Movies To Watch Out For In June 2018!
- Malayalam Movies To Watch Out For In The Month Of May 2018!
- Malayalam Movies & Their Memorable References To The Thrissur Pooram!
- Malayalam Movies & Vishu Season: A Quick Round-up Through The Vishu Releases Of The Previous Year!
TA Rasaq, the popular scriptwriter, passed away. The 58-year-old breathed his last at a private hospital in Kochi, where he was admitted for the past one month due to liver disease.
Rasaq's body will be kept at Moyinkutty Vaidyar Memorial Hall, Kondotty on August 16, Tuesday morning for the public to pay final respect. The funeral will be held at Juma masjid, at 11 am on the same day.
The writer, who entered the movie industry as a directorial assistant, made his screenwriting debut with the 1991 released Mohanlal starrer Vishnulokam. His notable works include Naadodi, Gazal, Thaalolam, Sneham, Perumazhakkalam, etc.
He had won the Kerala State Film Awards for Best Story and Screenplay in the year 1996, for Kaanakinavu, and Best Story in the years 2002 and 2004 the movies Aayirathil Oruvan and Perumazhakkalam, respectively.
Rasaq was born on April 25th, 1958 as the son of TA Bappu and Vazhayil Khadeeja. He was the elder brother of late scenarist TA Shahid, who is best known for his works Balettan and Rajamanikyam.