- Suresh Gopi’s Lelam 2: What’s The Current Status Of The Movie?
- Suresh Gopi Birthday Special: 5 Characters Of The Actor We Would Like To See On Screen Again
- Malayalam Actors Who Were Part Of The 'Hat-trick' Win At The National Film Awards!
- Lelam 2: The Much Awaited Suresh Gopi Starrer Is Gearing Up To Begin!
- INTERESTING! When Suresh Gopi Was Imitated By His Son Gokul Suresh!
- Has Mohanlal Replaced Suresh Gopi In Lelam 2?
- BIG NEWS! Lelam 2 Is All Set To Begin?
- 30 Years Of Mammootty’s New Delhi: Some Interesting Facts About The Movie
- TIDBITS! Mammootty Wasn't The First Choice For His Role In Mohanlal's Narasimham!
- Suresh Gopi Gets A Precious Birthday Gift!
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Suresh Gopi, Manju Warrier & Others If Kaliyattam Is Remade Now?
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mammootty & Others If Pappayude Swantham Appoos Is Remade Now?
Of late, Malayalam film actors have openly expressed their interest and consent in hosting television shows. Earlier, this wasn't the case, as film stars were not meant to be the property of television screens.
With time, there came a change in the outlook and now we can see actors hosting shows of various channels. Here we present such mainstream Malayalam stars who have had a successful stint with television shows.
His entry to 'Ningalkkum Aakaam Kodeeswaran' came as a surprise to many. But, people accepted him whole-heartedly and he was lauded for his presentation skills. In fact, the success of the show was directly attributed to the skills of the actor.
Mukesh won the hearts of many with his simple and down-to-earth presentation style. The humorous tone added by him helps the shows to cater to all sections of the audiences. He has hosted successful shows like Sell Me The Answer, Badai Banglaw, Deal Or No Deal etc.
Jagadish has been an indispensable part of 'Comedy Stars' programme presented by Asianet. People love his animated style of presentation and the way he communicates with the participants makes him extremely acceptable as a host cum judge.
'Veruthe Alla Bharya' aired on Mazhavil Manorama was a popular TV show and it had Swetha Menon as its host. There were unanimously positive reviews about the show and Swetha Menon's role as the host.
Navya Nair went for a sabbatical after her marriage but later announced her comeback in style through the show 'Bharthakkanmarude Shradhakku' in Asianet. Family audience loved her presentation and the show was a huge hit.
She grabbed the chance to host the show 'Midukki' when she was basking in the glory of success of her films. Her presence helped the show give a starry appeal and she came out successful in presenting the show.
'Comedy Super Nite' in Flowers TV did climb up the TRP ratings. The presence of Suraj Venjaramoodu definitely helped the show. His good presentation skill and spontaneity are some of the factors that made the show really enjoyable.
This trend of stars coming on to host shows could be attributed to the success that Amitabh Bachchan tasted with Kaun Banega Crorepati in India. Later, stars like Shah Rukh Khan too, came up to host shows.
While this trend was alien to Malayalam Televisions and its stars, Mukesh came up with a programme named 'Kodipathi' which was on the similar lines of KBC. Earlier, actor Siddique too, had appeared to present some musical shows in Doordarshan.
It has to be noted that popular shows give the actors, much popularity. Actors like Govind Padmasurya became hugely popular through shows like D 4 Dance, Adi Mone Buzzer etc.
Apart from the above listed stars, actors like Maniyanpilla Raju, Poornima Indrajith, Ganesh Kumar etc have also hosted shows on various channels.