- Prem Nazir, Pulimurugan & More: Mollywood Entrants To The Guinness World Records!
- Lover Boy Roles! 7 Malayalam Actors Who Perfectly Fit The Bill!
- Do You Know The Original Names Of These Malayalam Actors?
- Remembering Prem Nazir : A Journey Through Unseen Posters Of The Actors' Films
- Few Facts About Udaya Pictures That You Should Know!
- Valentine's Day Special: Best Onscreen Pairs Of Malayalam Cinema
Prem Nazir, the evergreen actor was extremely passionate about cinema. Nazir always wanted to become a director someday and even went on to plan his directorial debut, with Mohanlal in the lead role.
The yesteryear superstar was all set to don a director's hat and decided to collaborate with the young generation for the project. But, Mollywood was not fortunate enough to watch Prem Nazir's directorial venture.
During the shooting of Priyadarshan's Kadathanadan Ambadi, Prem Nazir communicated his wish to Mohanlal, with whom he had shared a close bond. Mohanlal and the entire team were excited about Nazir's decision.
Then, the legendary actor asked Mohanlal to play the lead role in his directorial debut, to which he agreed instantly. Later, Prem Nazir roped in the budding talent of that time, Sreenivasan to pen the script.
The project, which was titled as Kanyakumari To Kasaragod, was a road movie based on the journey between the two towns. But, Prem Nazir suddenly fell ill during the pre-production stage and passed away.
It was an extremely shocking news for the Malayalam movie industry. Later the team decided to drop the project, as they were not able to think about another director in Nazir's place.