- Mohanlal's Marakkar – Arabikadalinte Simham: The Film To Feature These Popular Actors As Well?
- Mohanlal & Priyadarshan To Team Up For The Biggest Ever Project In The History Of Malayalam Cinema!
- OH NO! Priyadarshan's Next Movie Isn't With Mohanlal?
- WAIT! Mohanlal-Priyadarshan Team's Kunjali Marakkar Is NOT Shelved!
- Is Mohanlal's Kunjali Marakkar On Cards? Priyadarshan Answers!
- CONFIRMED! Mohanlal-Priyadarshan Team’s Next Will Be A Period Movie!
- REVEALED: Mohanlal's Role In Priyadarshan's Next
- IT’S CONFIRMED: Mohanlal-Priydarashan Movie Is On Cards!
- MUST READ! Kalyani Priyadarshan Wanted To Begin With A Malayalam Movie!
- Kalyani Priyadarshan To Make Acting Debut?
- Priyadarshan All Set To Remake Maheshinte Prathikaaram In Tamil!
- Pranav Mohanlal & Kalyani Priyadarshan's Selfie Goes Viral!
Priyadarshan is undoubtedly one of the finest film-makers of Malayalam film industry. The blockbuster movies that he made speak volumes about his ability in filmmaking.
But, we haven't talked much about his writing skills. There are many films written and directed by him. Take a look at some of the Malayalam films which were written and directed by him.
Chithram went on to become one of the biggest hits of Malayalam cinema. This film which had all the emotions in the right proportions was written by Priyadarshan himself and all the scenes of the film did have a typical Priyadarshan touch associated with it.
Only somebody like Priyadarshan could think about setting up a story line like this. The premises of the film was something new to Malayalam cinema. Priyadarshan wrote the script of this film which was a runaway success.
Minnaram wasn't a big success back then but the film definitely is one of the best films of Priyadarshan. He followed the same path of Chithram, where the film makes you smile for the major portions but leaves you teary eyed towards the end of the film.
Here is a period flick from Priyadarshan. Priyadarshan handled the story of the film and the screenplay was jointly written by Priyadarshan and renowned writer T Damodaran.
Here is another rollicking entertainer penned by Priyadarshan. The story was inspired from an English film but all the sequences of the film were the results of Priyadarshan's imagination.
The film had all the ingredients of Priyadarshan movies from the past. The confusion comedy sequences in this film did remind us of his earlier films like Boeing Boeing, Mazha Peyyunnu Maddalam Kottunnu etc.
Priyadarshan is one of the very few writer-directors of Malayalam film industry But, there are only countable number of instances when the director wrote the entire script for his movies. Of late, he has been opting for scripts written by other writers in Malayalam.
Not many know that Priyadarshan made an entry to films as a script writer. In the initial days of his career, he wrote scripts for films like Kuyiline Thedi, Bhookambam etc which were directed by other film-makers.
He became an independent director through the film Poochakkoru Mukkuthi which was written by him. The story of the film was based on The Strange Gentleman by Charles Dickens.
Later, the director went on to associate with writers like Sreenivasan to give some evergreen comedies like Mazha Peyyunnu Maddalam Kottunnu, Odaruthammava Aalariyam etc.
His association with renowned writer T Damodaran paved way for some different films like Aryan, Abhimayu, Adwaitham etc.
Priyadarshan's upcoming movies Oppam has story by the director himself. Let's hope that we would soon get to see a gem of a film.