- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
Mammootty, our Megastar, was the initial choice for the antagonist role in Vijay 60, the 60th movie of Tamil actor Vijay. But, Mammootty denied the offer, even though he liked the story.
Several stories were spreading regarding the reason for the megastar's denial. But recently, the sources close to Mammootty revealed why the actor decided to turn down such a prestigious project.
According to the sources, Mammootty was not ready to play a cliched villain, opposite a young hero. The actor felt that the role had nothing new to offer, even though the concept of the film was interesting.
Mammootty has no issues in being a part of small projects if his character is fresh and challenging. Reportedly, he is also ready to do roles with negative shades, if it provides the real scope to perform.
That is why Mammootty opted for the low budget Tamil venture Peranbu, directed by the National Award-winning film-maker, Ram. His character in the movie is said to be a performance-oriented one.
Well, Mammootty's decision to select movies only on the basis of characters is applaudable. We prefer him to be lead actor of a classy film than playing a baddy in a big budget movie.