- TAKE A LOOK! Location Stills From Nazriya Nazim's Comeback Movie Goes VIRAL!
- Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Movie Has One More Interesting Addition!
- Here Is An Update On Anjali Menon’s Next With Prithviraj, Nazriya Nazim & Parvathy!
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Nazriya Nazim Joins Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Project!
- Parvathy's Makeover For Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Movie!
- Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Movie: Here Is An Update
- Prithviraj With Nazriya Nazim & Parvathy For Anjali Menon Project!
- Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Project Is On Cards; Casting Call Is Out!
- GRAPEVINE: Nazriya Nazim To Come Back With Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Movie?
- RUMOUR: Prithviraj Replaces Dulquer Salmaan?
- WOW! Prithviraj In Anjali Menon's Next?
- I'm Still Ready To Work With Dulquer Salmaan: Prathap Pothen
- 3 Years Of Bangalore Days: Dulquer Salmaan & Nivin Pauly Recall The Special Day!
There was a time when filmmaking was considered to be a job meant for men alone. With the passage of time, such wrong notions did clear away and now we can see women power conquering Mollywood industry.
Here, let us take a look at some of the women film directors of Mollywood.
She made a smashing debut into Malayalam films through her short film segment in Kerala Cafe. Later, she directed Manjadikkuru which did fetch many laurels at various festival circuits. She proved that even a woman can helm a big project by making Bangalore Days which easily is one of the best films in recent times.
Actress Revathi who made her debut as a director through the the film Mitr My Friend has done a short film in the anthology movie Kerala cafe.The short film titled Makalkku got much appreciated for the intense and straight forward presentation. We are definitely waiting for a full length feature film from the actress.
Sreebala K Menon
Sreebala K Menon is a popular name in Mollywood as she has assisted director Sathyan Anthikkad in many of his films. More importantly, she is a Sahithya Akademi award winner too. She made her debut as a director through the film Love 24*7 which had Dileep in the lead role. She herself wrote the script for the film.
Shalini Usha Nair
With the experience of working as an assistant director with a Mumbai TV production house, Shalini Usha Nair, ventured into Mollywood as a director through the film Akam starring Fahadh Fazil. Akam was an adaptation of renowned writer Malayaattoor Ramakrishnan's novel Yakshi and the film was critically acclaimed.
Revathy S Varma
Revathy S Varma is a very popular name in Ad film circuits and is the brain behind many popular ad films. With that much needed experience she forayed into Mollywood. She debuted as a director in Mollywood through the commercial film Mad Dad which also marked the debut of actress Nazriya Nazim as a lead actress.
Women directors are nothing new to industries like Bollywood. There are good number of women film directors in Bollywood who went to make it big in the industry.
Women making their mark in filmmaking is indeed a good sign for Malayalam cinema. Over the years, this has been a sector dominated by men alone.
But, the seeds of this change were sown way back. Renowned actress Sheela had ventured into filmmaking back in the year 1976 when she made a film named Yakshaganam. She made another film in the year 1979 titled as Sikharangal.
It is also good thing to see actresses turning to direction. Popular actress Geethu Mohandas became a film director through the film Liar's Dice which one many National Film Awards. She still hasn't made her debut in Mollywood as a director.