- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Continues To Reign At The Top In This List!
- Mammootty’s Peranbu: The Second Teaser Is Out & This One Too is A Heart-Touching One!
- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
Many wouldn't believe if we say that it has been 10 years since the release of the Mammootty's Big B, the film which was a new experience altogether to the Malayalam film audiences. Such was the freshness and style that the film possessed, which apparently gave the movie an iconic stature.
Yes, it was on April 13, 2007, during a Vishu season that this Mammootty movie made it to the theatres, in style. Helmed by the super-talented Amal Neerad, the film made the left the viewers stunned.
Initially, the film with Mammootty in the role of Bilal, a gangster-turned-bodyguard, was received with mixed reviews. But, even the people who disliked the movie at that time, didn't know that they would fall in love with this movie later.
Well, Big B is a landmark movie in the history of Malayalam cinema. Such was the impact that the film made. Here, we take you through some of the big contributions that this Mammootty starrer made.
Amal Neerad – One Of The Best In Business
The biggest one of all. This man, with his debut work did deliver a trendsetter. His journey from a cinematographer to a film-maker with exceptional skills, was quite phenomenal. With Big B, he proved what Malayalam film industry is capable of. A simple storyline was narrated in the most engaging way with some never seen before visuals.
Over the years, he has grown as a film-maker who assures a minimum quality with each of his works. There might be two opinions regarding the content of his movie but there is no denying the fact that he is one of the best among the young brigade of film-makers.
Sameer Thahir – Not Just A Cinematographer Now
If you were left in awe with the stunning cinematography of Big B, you ought to give due credits to this man. Big B was Sameer Thahir's debut work as a cinematographer and we all know who this man is, at present.
Apart from being one of the most renowned cinematographers of Mollywood, he proved his mettle as a film-maker by making two quality movies, Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi and Kali.
Vivek Harshan – A Renowned Editor At Present
Here is another big talent, who stepped in to the industry with Big B. Vivek Harshan was a new name in the editing department, back then. But now, he is a well-known editor of the South Indian film industry. What more, he is also a National Award recipient.
Gopi Sunder – Who Adds Life To A Scene With His Music
Well, Big B had some real thrilling BGM in it and all kudos to this man, who was a relatively newcomer, back then. Big B was a real big break for this talented musician and he, over the years, went on to prove that background music, can do wonders to the final product.
A New Wave In Film-making
Big B and its makers showed the industry, what exactly Mollywood is capable of. Till Big B, we were used to the same old style of film-making and but after Big B, what we witnessed was a big change in the approach of film-makers.
Be it the shot selection or the narrative pattern, a different style entered the industry and film-makers were ready to experiment with their works. Kudos to this movie, that paved way for all of these. More importantly, Big B was a big shot in the arm for all aspiring film-makers.
On the 10th anniversary of Big B, its director Amal Neerad took to Facebook to write down a note. He thanked Mammootty and all others who made this movie a possible affair.
Take a look at the Facebook post..
One thing is for sure, if Big B is re-released now, it would surely attract the audiences to the theatres. This Mammootty starrer, directed by Amal Neerad, forever will remain fresh in the minds of the audiences.