- Mohanlal's Lucifer Begins & Reports Suggest That The Film Has A Big Star Cast!
- When Mohanlal Watched The FIFA World Cup 2018 Finals!
- Neerali Box Office Collections Day 4: Mohanlal's Film Set To Become A Big Disappointment
- Neerali Box Office Collections: Opens On A Decent Note
- Neerali Box Office Prediction: A Strong Opening On The Cards For This Mohanlal Starrer?
- Neerali Review: A Dwindling Cliffhanger That Manages To Thrill At Parts!
- Neerali Twitter Review: LIVE Updates On The Mohanlal Starrer!
- Before Neerali: Revisiting The 5 Best Thrillers Of Mohanlal In This Decade So Far!
- Mohanlal Is All Set To Take You For A Scintillating Ride With 4 Big Releases!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Remya Nambeesan Hits Back At Mohanlal; Claims Survivor Is Disgusted With His Remarks On The AMMA Row
- Prithviraj Confirms Indrajith's Association With Mohanlal's Lucifer!
Mohanlal has two big reasons to smile today. First big reason is because of the release of his much anticipated movie 1971 Beyond Borders and the next one came in the form of the announcement 64th National Film Awards.
The actor has won a special jury award for his performances in the films Pulimurugan, Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol and Janatha Garage. Fans of Mohanlal and the Malayalam film audiences are busy celebrating the actor's achievement.
But, criticisms have also started pouring in for neglecting the likes of actors like Vinayakan and Fahadh Faasil. In fact, many are of the opinion that Mohanlal's performance in the films Pulimurugan, Janatha Garage and Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol are not worth the National Film Awards. Trollers in social media have already taken up this as the hot topic.
Mohanlal is not new to National Film Awards. He has won the title for the Best Actor two times in the past and had also recieved a Special Jury Award for his peformance in the film Kireedom in the year 1989.
There might be two opinions regarding the actor's win at the 64th National Film Awards. But, there were certain instances when he was neglected at the award circuits, when he truly deserved it and most of you out there would completely agree to that fact. Here, we list of the 5 movies for which Mohanlal, truly deserved the National Film Award. Read on..
Mohanlal's performance in Sadayam still stands as one of the most underrated performances of the actor. He got to play the role of Satyanathan, a convict who is about to be hanged. Words would be less to describe his performance, which was subtle yet effective.
An epic movie by all means and same is the case of Mohanlal's performance in the film. One cannot imagine anyone else in the shoes of the character of Govardhan. The actor in him had to do comedy, emotional and powerful sequences alike and Mohanlal was successful in doing all these without any hiccups.
The audiences all over the world got to witness the amazing acting talent of Mohanlal through this film, directed by Mani Ratnam. His portrayal of Anandan, is by far one of his finest performances onscreen. Truly, the magical charisma of Mohanlal, the acting legend, was well explored in this movie. Disappointingly, he didn't even receive a special mention for his performance at the National level.
Mohanlal as Rameshan in Thanmathra was nothing less than brilliant. He had to do the different stages of Rameshan with utmost naturalism, which he pulled it off with ease. His depiction of a patient affected by Alzheimer disease won a lot of praises for the actor in him. In the race for the National Awards he lost to Amitabh Bachchan, who won the award for his performance in the movie Black.
It is so disappointing to know that the actor in Mohanlal, hasn't received due recognition for his performance in this film, which is one of the actor's best of this decade. Mohanlal played the role of a stroke survivor in the film and we got to know why he is called the complete actor.