- Kannada-Malayalam Film Festival To Be Held In Bengaluru And Thiruvananthapuram!
- WOW! Syam Pushkaran To Make Directorial Debut With A Superstar Movie?
- Priyadarshan All Set To Remake Maheshinte Prathikaaram In Tamil!
- Fahadh Faasil-Dileesh Pothan-Syam Puskaran Trio To Reunite?
- WOW! Vinayakan & 10 Malayalam Films Shortlisted For 64th National Film Awards
- ANALYSIS! Did Maheshinte Prathikaaram Deserve More At The Kerala State Film Awards 2016?
- Kerala State Film Awards 2016: How The Results Have Come As A Breath Of Fresh Air!
- Dulquer Salmaan Lauds Vinayakan & Manikandan Achari On Winning CPC Awards!
- Vanitha Film Awards 2017: Complete Winners List
- Malayalam Movies 2016: Performances That Tickled Our Bones!
- Fahadh Faasil's 2016: Back On Track!
- Best Of 2016: Pick Your Choice For The Best Malayalam Movie Of The Year!
64th National Film Awards results are finally out. Priyadarshan, the head of the jury and his team announced the results at the recent press meet held in New Delhi. Surabhi Lakshmi, the Malayalam actress won the Best Actress trophy, for her performance in the movie Minnaminungu.
Mohanlal won the special jury award for his performances in Pulimurugan, Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, and Telugu movie Janatha Garage. Fahadh Faasil starrer Maheshinte Prathikaaram starrer won the award for Best Feature Film in Malayalam.
Best Actress: Surabhi Lakshmi
Surabhi Lakshmi, the popular film-TV actress won the National Film Award for Best Actress, for her performance in the movie Minnaminungu. The Best Actress is back to Mollywood, after a long gap of 14 years.
Best Feature Film in Malayalam: Maheshinte Prathikaaram
Maheshinte Prathikaaram, the Fahadh Faasil starrer which is directed by Dileesh Pothan and produced by film-maker Aashiq Abu, won the award for the Best Feature Film in Malayalam.
Special Jury Mention: Mohanlal
Mohanlal, the magical actor of Mollywood, won a special jury mention for his performances in the all-time blockbuster Pulimurugan, Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, and Telugu movie Janatha Garage.
Best Original Screenplay: Syam Pushkaran
Syam Pushkaran won the National Film Award for the Best Original Screenplay, for his first independent work, Maheshinte Prathikaaram.
Best Action Choreography: Peter Hein
Peter Hein, the highest-paid action choreographer of Indian cinema, won the National Film Award for the Best Action Choreography, for the action sequences in the Mohanlal starrer Pulimurugan.
Best Child Artist: Master Adish Praveen
Master Adish Praveen won the trophy for the Best Child Artist in the 64th National Film Awards, for his performance in the movie Kunju Daivam.
Best Sound Design: Jayadevan Chakkadath
Jaaydevan Chakkadath won the National Film Award for the Best Sound Design, for his work in the highly acclaimed movie Kaadu Pookkunna Neram, directed by Dr. Biju.