- Kavya Madhavan’s Baby Shower Pics: The Mom-to-be Celebrates The Special Day!
- Dileep's Upcoming Movie With Director B Unnikrishnan: The Shoot Commences!
- Dileep & Kavya Madhavan Ready To Welcome Their Bundle Of Joy?
- Dileep Row: Siddique Makes A Shocking Remark On The AMMA Controversy, Takes A Dig At Shashi Tharoor
- Dileep Controversy: Revathy Lashes Out At Young Stars For Ignoring The AMMA Row
- Dileep Row: Will The Anger Against Mohanlal Affect The Box Office Performance Of Neerali?
- Dileep Row: Urmila Unni's Comments About The Attacked Actress Are Disgraceful
- Dileep Row: The Kannada Film Industry Lashes Out At AMMA For Taking Back The Actor
- Dileep Discloses The Letter That He Sent To AMMA Post Its Decision To Reinstate Him!
- Dileep Rubbishes Attacked Actress' Claims And Says ‘Never Thwarted Opportunities’
- Following Dileep's Return To AMMA, Attacked Actress Quits The Organisation!
- Kammara Sambhavam Team Will Be Back With Another Movie!
The 23rd general body meeting of AMMA, the Association of Malayalam Movie Artists was recently held at Crown Plaza Hotel, Kochi. The audiences and media were eagerly waiting for the meeting to get over, as AMMA was expected to open up about the assault on the popular actress and allegation against actor Dileep.
Here are the major highlights of AMMA general body meeting 2017....
Dileep attended the general body meeting despite being interrogated by the police investigation team for about 13 hours. Interestingly, the actor publicly apologized for making harsh statements about the attacked actress, during a media interaction.
Mammootty & Mohanlal's Silence
Mammootty and Mohanlal, the superstars of Mollywood shocked the audiences and media with their silence over the current controversies. The stars chose to remain silent over the new developments on the actress abduction case, speculations regarding Dileep's involvement, and the shameful statements made by certain celebrities about the actress.
Rima Kallingal & Remya Nambeesan Walk Out
Rima Kallingal and Remya Nambeesan, the members of Women Collective In Cinema decided to walk out of the AMMA general body meeting in the middle. The actresses walked out after the executive committee refused to discuss the actress abduction case.
However, Rima stated that AMMA has promised to extend their complete support to the Women Collective In Cinema's movements.
The press meet, which was held after the general body meeting witnessed high voltage drama. While Mammootty and Mohanlal chose to remain tight-lipped, Ganesh Kumar and Mukesh lashed out at the media for dragging Dileep into the controversies.
Mohanlal, who refused to open up about actress abduction case and speculations regarding Dileep's involvement, stated that the members of AMMA will stand united to face this tough time. He also added that the association has faced several similar situations in the past.
Several prominent members of AMMA, including actors Prithviraj, Manju Warrier, Kunchacko Boban, Dulquer Salmaan, Fahadh Faasil, etc., gave the general body meeting a miss. Reportedly, Manju skipped the meeting due to personal reasons, while the others were busy with their shooting schedules.
Dileep had failed to attend the AMMA executive committee meeting due to the marathon police interrogation which was held yesterday. The actor, along with his manager Appunni and director Nadirshah, were questioned by the investigation team which handles the actress abduction case, for about 13 hours.
However, AMMA refused to take a stand on the entire fiasco, stating the case has been well-handled by the Kerala police. The association president Innocent also made it clear that AMMA cannot take the responsibility of the statements issued by any of its members.