- Mammootty's Masterpiece Is Gearing Up To Conquer New Regions!
- Masterpiece Box Office: Joins The 40-Crore Club!
- Box Office Chart (Jan 1 -7): Aadu 2 Races Ahead To The Top!
- Box Office Chart (Dec 25-31): Masterpiece & Aadu 2 Continue Their Dominance!
- Masterpiece Box Office: Crosses The 50-Lakh Mark At The Kochi Multiplexes!
- Monthly Round-up (December 2017): Masterpiece, Aadu 2 & Mayaanadhi Bag The Top Honours!
- Masterpiece Box Office Success: An Analysis On Mammootty's Previous 5 Christmas Releases!
- Malayalam Movies 2017 Box Office: When Mammootty & Mohanlal Movies Topped The Day 1 Records!
- Masterpiece Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Sets A New Record At The Kerala Box Office
- Masterpiece Box Office Prediction: Mammootty To Gift Yet Another Blockbuster In 2017?
- Masterpiece Audience Review: Public Response!
- Masterpiece Movie Review: Mammootty Is The 'Master' Of This Fine Entertainer!
The past week was indeed a splendid one for Mollywood with big Malayalam movies like Masterpiece, Aadu 2, Mayaanadhi, Vimaanam, Aana Alaralodalaral etc., making an entry to the theatres.
Masterpiece was the first film to hit the theatres and the much awaited film starring Mammootty in the lead role got a solo release on December 21, 2017. Masterpiece was followed by all the other 4 releases and the industry had a good time with the big movies rubbing their shoulders at the box office.
Which film among the 5 has got the better start? Keep reading this week's box office chart to know more about the same..
5. Aana Alaralodalaral
Aana Alaralodalaral had hit the theatres on December 22, 2017. The Vineeth Sreenivasan starrer has been receiving some mixed reviews upon its release. The film is definitely facing a tough competitions from other releases.
Box Office Meter: Above Average Opening
Well, it has to be said that Mayaanadhi is now the talk of the social media. The film, directed by Aashiq Abu has been receiving some amazing reviews upon its release.
Mayaanadhi has been tagged as one of the best movies of the year. The film had a comparatively slower start on its first day but has shown some positive signs in the next 2 days. Definitely, the film has everything in it to climb up the ladders in the coming days.
Box Office Meter: Decent Opening
Click Here To Read Mayaanadhi Movie Review
Prithviraj starrer Vimaanam has opened to a good response in the theatres. The film, directed by Pradeep Nair has had a decent start but isn't as impressive as Masterpiece and Aadu 2. But still, the film has been steady at the box office and is expected to take off to newer heights with the backing of good reviews.
Box Office Meter: Decent Opening
Click Here To Read Vimaanam Movie Review
2. Aadu 2
Aadu 2 has got a dream beginning at the box office. The Jayasurya starrer, released in above 100 screens in Kerala and the occupancy rate for the film is astonishing. According to the reports, additional shows have been added for the movie due to heavy public response. Going by the initial reports, Aadu 2 is all set to emerge as a big blockbuster.
Box Office Meter: Stellar Opening
Click Here To Read Aadu 2 Movie Review
Masterpiece has had a phenomenal start at the box office. The much awaited film of Mammootty, has been tagged as a perfect mass entertainer and the film, which got a big release has reportedly crossed the 10-Crore mark within the 3 days of its run. The film has also set a new record in terms of the opening day collections, as its fetched above 5 Crores on day 1. The stage is perfectly set for the movie to race ahead to become a big blockbuster.
Box Office Meter: Phenomenal Opening
Click Here To Read Masterpiece Movie Review
Meanwhile, Sivakarthikeyan's Velaikkaran and Salman Khan's Tiger Zinda Hai also made a big release in the theatres. Velaikkaran also features Mollywood's own Fahadh Faasil in a crucial role.