- Dulquer Salmaan Pens A Note About One Of The Most Special Roles & Films Of His Career So Far!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Adorable Birthday Wishes For His Wife Amaal Will Make You Go 'Aww'
- Dulquer Salmaan's Brand New Still From His Next Movie Has Him In A Traditional Look!
- Dulquer Salmaan And Venkatesh To Team Up For A Telugu War Film?
- Dulquer Salmaan's Message Can Fill One With Positivity On This Special Day Of Eid!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Stunning Reply To All Those Who Are Spreading Negative Comments!
- Kerala Floods: Amitabh Bachchan, Dulquer Salmaan & Others Extend Their Support To Flood Relief!
- Is Dulquer Salmaan Playing The Role Of Virat Kohli In His Next Hindi Movie? The Actor Opens Up!
- Mammootty, Mohanlal, Dulquer Salmaan & Others Contribute To The Disaster Relief Fund!
- Here's What Dulquer Salmaan Said About The Advice That Mammootty Gave To Him!
- Dulquer Salmaan Shares His Favourite Look From Karwaan Promotions!
- Karwaan Weekend Collection: Irrfan Khan-Dulquer Salmaan Film Races Ahead On Day 3
Vinayakan and Manikandan Achaari, who impressed one and all with their performances in Dulquer Salmaan starrer Kammatipaadam, bagged the top honours at the recently held CPC (Cinema Paradiso Club) Awards.
Dulquer Salmaan, the young actor who played the lead role in Kammatipaadam, expressed his happiness on these actors winning the big awards.
The young actor took to Facebook to congratulate both of them and he did send out a message, in which he has stated that the real heroes of Kammatipaadam are Vinayakan and Manikandan Achaari. Take a look at the inspiring Facebook post of Dulquer Salmaan..
Vinayakan, who portrayed the role of Ganga in Kammatipaadam was adjudged as the Best Actor whereas Manikandan Achaari bagged the award for Best Supporting Actor. Take a look at the other major award winners..
Best Film – Maheshinte Prathikaaram
Maheshinte Prathikaaram, directed by Dileesh Pothen, which was one of the most appreciated and loved Malayalam movies of 2016, was selected as the Best Film of 2016. Aashiq Abu, the producer of the film, received the award.
Best Director – Dileesh Pothan (Maheshinte Prathikaaram)
Here is another man who has been one of the most talked about directors of 2016. The brilliance involved in the crafting of Maheshinte Prathikaaram was one of the most discussed topics of the forum, in 2016. Rightly, the director went on to win the award for the Best Director.
Best Actress – Sai Pallavi & Rajisha Vijayan
It was a tough competition for the award for the Best Actress. Sai Pallavi was selected for her performance in Kali whereas the latter won the award for her portrayal of Eli in Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. Rajisha Vijayan did attend the event to receive the honours.
Special Honorary Award – Indrans
Indrans, is one such actor who deserves the each bit of credit that he has been receiving, of late. When the big award ceremonies eluded him, the Cinema Paradiso Club made it a point to honour this amazing talent. Indrans did impress one and all in 2016, with his portrayal of characters in the film Pinneyum, Munroe Thuruth etc.
Best Supporting Actress - Rohini
Veteran actress Rohini had a wonderful 2016, with some powerful roles coming her way. Her portrayal of roles in the films Action Hero Biju and Guppy, did win her grand reviews. Deservingly, the actress was adjudged as the Best Supporting Actress of 2016 by Cinema Paradiso Club.
Best Cinematographer – Shyju Khalid
Another big award came the way of Maheshinte Prathikaaram, in the form of the award for the Best Cinematographer. Shyju Khalid, who did set some brilliant frames capturing the beauty of Idukki, won the big award.
Best Script-Writer – Syam Pushkaran
Maheshinte Prathikaaram, had a very simple storyline, but it was the brilliant and engaging screenplay that laid the foundation of the movie. Syam Pushkaran, who scripted the movie was adjudged as the Best Screenwriter of the year by CPC Awards.
Best Music Director - Bijibal
Bijibal is one of the favourites of Malayalam film audiences. In fact, he never disappoints the audiences with his works. His brilliant work in Maheshinte Prathikaaram earned him big votes for the award of the Best Music Director.
When certain big award ceremonies conveniently neglected the contributions of these two actors, Cinema Paradiso Club, a popular group in Facebook, has shown the way forward by honouring the right talents.
The awards were distributed in a small function that was held at Hotel Cochin Palace, in Kochi. Celebrities like Jayasurya, Aashique Abu, Dileesh Pothan, Vinayakan, Manikandan Achaari, Vijay Babu, Rajisha Vijayan etc., were present at the function.
The winners were selected through an online poll, which was open to the members of the group. A panel of Jury members did select the final winners combining the number of votes and the marks given by the jury members.