- Malayalam Movies Of 2016 That Didn't Live Up To The Expectations!
- Some Records Created And Broken By Mammootty And His Films!
- From Katrina Kaif To Huma Qureshi: Bollywood Actresses Who Had A Flop Debut In Mollywood!
- Mammootty's White: First Week Box Office Collections
- 5 Times When Mammootty Impressed Us With His Makeovers!
- Malayalam Movies To Watch Out For In The Month Of August!
- Mammootty's White: 2 Days Box Office Collections
- Highlights Of The Week (July 25 - July 31): Mollywood News At A Glimpse!
- WOW! A Big Movie On The Cards For Mammootty?
- Mammootty's White: First Day Box Office Collection
- Mammootty Is A Helpful Co-star: Huma Qureshi
- White Movie Review: Love Story Killed Without Mercy!
- Mammootty Returns To Telugu Cinema With YSR Biopic!
We discussed a lot about how good the year 2016 was for Malayalam films. The industry got some brilliant movies, which could be watched over and again.
At the same time, the year 2016 wasn't completely foolproof. Much like the previous years, the year 2016 also produced some movies worth forgetting.
Certain Malayalam films that released in 2016 completely disappointed the audiences and went on to become big flops at the box office. These movies could be easily tagged as the most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2016 and are worth forgetting.
Take a look at the forgettable movies of 2016 that didn't cater to any section of the audiences (Only movies of prominent stars have been considered)
White, was one such Malayalam movie of 2016 that tested the patience of audiences. While narrating a love story, the movie didn't get anything right except the performances of the lead actors. The film received so bad reviews that it fell at the box office in the very first week itself.
Welcome To Central Jail
Welcome To Central Jail could be classified as one of the most disappointing movies of 2016. It was indeed a mash-up of many Dileep movies from the past. The film tried to be a comedy entertainer but none of the comedy sequences hit the right chords.
IDI – Inspector Daawood Ibrahim
The film came in amidst heavy expectations as it marked the arrival of Jayasurya to mass police hero roles. But, the film, after a promising start, deceived the audiences and left them confused as to whether the movie is a spoof or a mass action entertainer.
Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti
Well, the film had everything at the right place, with some good production values, good music, amazing cinematography. But, probably the makers forgot how important story and screenplay are for a movie. Valleem thetti Pulleem Thetti, undoubtedly is one of the big disappointments of 2016.
It is hard to understand why Biju Menon committed such a project, which didn't offer anything new for the actor in him. The film tagged as a comedy entertainer had all the cliched elements associated with formula based movies.
The audiences definitely didn't expect such a movie from Prithviraj and his home banner. After back-to-back successes, the actor came up with this movie, which couldn't connect well with the audiences.
A comedy entertainer sans comedy and entertainment! This is the best way to describe Shaajahanum Pareekuttiyum, which was a big failure. The film had some big names in the form of Kunchacko Boban, Jayasurya and Amala Paul but still, the makers couldn't make a decent entertainer.
Well, the number of forgettable movies are lesser in comparison with the previous years. Most of the films from the above mentioned list turned out to be big flops at the box office. The disappointing part is in the fact that these movies came from the most dependable actors of Mollywood.
All prominent actors like Mammootty, Dileep, Prithviraj, Kunchacko Boban, Jayasurya etc., had their own share of misses in 2016.