- Nivin Pauly Makes An Official Announcement Regarding His Upcoming Film!
- Kayamkulam Kochunni Trailer: A Fascinating Cinematic Experience Is On The Way!
- Kayamkulam Kochunni: The First Look Poster Of The Nivin Pauly Starrer Is Out!
- Nivin Pauly’s Special Message On Dhadha’s Birthday Will Win Your Hearts!
- Revisiting The Box Office Voyage Of Premam On The Third Anniversary Of The Trendsetter Movie!
- What Happened To Nivin Pauly-Major Ravi Movie?
- Nayanthara In Love Action Drama: More About Her Role In The Movie!
- Nivin Pauly To Join Hands With Lijo Jose Pellissery For The First Time?
- Nivin Pauly-Nayanathara Team's Love Action Drama Strikes A Big Deal!
- Mohanlal Completes His Portions For Kayamkulam Kochunni & Here Is What Nivin Pauly Had To Say!
- Kayamkulam Kochunni Update: Nora Fatehi To Feature In A Dance Number!
- Hey Jude Box Office: Hits A Half Century At The Theatres!
Movies based on police stories are not rare in Malayalam film industry. Interestingly, it is hard to find Malayalam actors who haven't donned the Khaki avatar ever in their career.
Interestingly, even the younger crop of talents have shown their keen interest in doing cop roles. Actors like Nivin Pauly, Fahadh Faasil, Tovino Thomas etc., have excelled while doing such roles.
On this note, we take you through the young Malayalam actors who wore the Khaki in films and a quick analysis of those roles.
Nivin Pauly's first appearance as a police officer was in the film Action Hero Biju, directed by Abrid Shine. His role of SI Biju Paulose was well-received by the audiences and he was able to break the stereotypes associated with the cop roles in Malayalam.
Fahadh Faasil looked perfect in his debut as a cop in Malayalam films. He got wear the Khaki in the film One By Two. The actor looked convincing as an investigating officer named Yousef Marikkar. But, the film turned out to be a disappointing at the box office.
Popular actor Asif Ali too, made an attempt to play a cop, in the 2016 film Ithu Thanda Police. The actor played a police constable in the movie. The film went on to be a huge disappointment, receiving thumbs down from both the critics and the audiences.
The handsome hunk of Mollywood is one such young actor, who is a perfect choice for cop roles. He appeared as a cop in the 2014 movie Vikramadithyan, which was well-appreciated. It wasn't a full length role as an officer and we expect to see him in a full-length cop role soon.
Well, no introduction is required for this actor, who has done cop roles for a good number of times in Mollywood. Interestingly, his debut as a police officer in movies was with the movie Sathyam, directed by Vinayan. The actor didn't receive favourable reviews for that movie but later, he went on to portray some well-etched police characters to perfection.
Tovino Thomas, the new sensation of Mollywood, did make a startling debut in cop roles with the latest film Ezra. The actor looked convincing as an ACP in this film that featured Prithviraj in the lead role. His body language and the looks perfectly suited the character.
Unlike the past, cop stories and characterisation of police men in films have taken a drastic change. With films like Action Hero Biju that starred Nivin pauly in the lead role, the audiences got to witness realistic cop roles.
More or less, doing a cop role is considered to be the first step to super stardom. Stars like
Mammootty, Mohanlal, Suresh Gopi have done the roles of firebrand police officers, which did go down well with their fans and the family audiences.
Now, there are rumours doing the rounds that young actor Dulquer Salmaan is all set to do the role of a cop in his upcoming film with Salaam Bukhari. Let us wait to get an official confirmation from the maker.