- Vinayakan To Play The Baddie In Vikram's Dhruva Natchathiram?
- Lijo Jose Pellissery's Ee Ma You: The Posters Are Out!
- 47th Kerala State Film Awards: Vinayakan, Rajisha Vijayan & Others Recieve The Top Honours!
- WOW! Lijo Jose Pellissery Announces His Next & It Has A Promising Star Cast!
- Angamaly Diaries Fame Antony Varghese's Next Movie Gets A Title!
- Nivin Pauly Steals Hearts With His Kind Gesture!
- INTERESTING! Fahadh Faasil's Role Models In Not Just A Comedy Film
- IIFA Utsavam 2017 Winners: Dulquer Salmaan & Rajisha Vijayan Bag Top Honours
- WOW! Vinayakan & 10 Malayalam Films Shortlisted For 64th National Film Awards
- Honey Bee 2 Audio Launch: Vinayakan Honoured On The Occasion!
- Bhavana-Naveen Engagement, Kerala State Film Awards 2016 & Other Mollywood News Of The Week!
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Others Who Reacted To Vinayakan & Co. Winning The Kerala State Film Awards!
The results and the winners of Kerala State Film Awards 2016, which was announced yesterday is still the talk of the town. The best part is the fact that, the controversies that usually crop up post the declaration of such awards, have taken the backseat this time.
Having said that, this year's Kerala State Film Awards have come as a breath of fresh air to the Malayalam film industry. Be it Vinayakan winning the title for the Best actor or Rajisha Vijayan bagging the title for the Best Actress, the decisions made by the jury, will definitely go down as one of the best in the recent times.
On this note, we take you through an analysis that would let you know how Kerala State Film Awards 2016 has turned out to a special one..
Breaking The Stereotypes
Awarding Vinayakan the title of a Best Actor is a revelation of its sorts. By this decision, the jury has made it clear that an actor needn't be the solo lead hero of the movie to get the tag of a Best Actor. Vinayakan had comparatively lesser screen space than Dulquer Salmaan in Kammatipaadam, but that was not a reason to deny him the big award.
Small-Yet-Quality Films Take The Centre Stage
Since its days of inception, Kerala State Film Awards have been a platform to identify the brilliance in small-yet-quality movies, which are finding it hard to reach the theatres. With films like Manhole and Ottayaal Paatha taking the centre stage, once again the faith in the Kerala State Film awards have been reinstated. This will allow more independent film-makers to make quality movies, without fearing about the commercial aspects of a movie.
Inspiration To Many Woman Film-makers
For the first time in the history of Kerala State Film Awards, a woman film-maker was adjudged as the Best Director by the jury. Vidhu Vincent and her big achievement will act as an inspiration to many woman film-makers out there, who dream to make it big in the world of film-making, which was once considered to be a man's world.
Box Office Success Is Not The Sole Factor
Many celebrated blockbuster movies of 2016 didn't make it big at the awards. Among the commercially successful movies, only Maheshinte Prathikaram and Kammatipaadam, could make it to the final cut. Unlike the previous years, we didn't see the commercially successful Malayalam movies taking the centre stage. The jury members, with their decision, has made it clear that box office success of a film isn't the sole criteria to assess the quality of a movie.
Staying Close To The Public Opinion
Here is another reason to call this year's awards as a welcome change. Most of the major awards went to those people, for whom the general public had wished it for. And hence, Kerala State Film Awards 2016 is being applauded by the public, as well.
Kerala State Film Awards of the past few years were surrounded with controversies. Many were of the opinion that it was getting commercialised to an extent. But, this year's awards have reposed the faith on one of the most prestigious film awards of the state.
Anyhow, we take this opportunity to congratulate all the big winners and the jury as well, which dared to kick-start a much needed change.