TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Lakshyam, the recently released Indrajith-Biju Menon starring thriller has opened to extremely positive reviews. The movie, which is scripted by film-maker Jeethu Joseph and directed by Ansar Khan, is delivering an average performance at the box office.
As per the reports from the trade analysts, Lakshyam has collected Rs. 42 Lakhs on its release day from the Kerala box office. It is not a bad box office figure for a low budget venture, which was released without much hype.
The box office dominance of big budget films like Baahubali 2 and Comrade In America have also severely affected the performance of Lakshyam. However, the team members believe that the highly positive reviews will surely help in increasing the collections.
Lakshyam, which is an out-and-out thriller, revolves around two convicts and their escape plan, in the backdrop of a forest. Indrajith appears as Vimal, a techie, while Biju Menon essays the role of a petty thief named Musthafa.
Lakshyam marked the first outing of renowned film-maker Jeethu Joseph, as an independent scriptwriter. The movie was initially supposed to be directed by senior director Viji Thampi, but he backed off due to unknown reasons.