- Dileep Row: Revathy Defends Manju Warrier's Silence On The AMMA Controversy
- Dulquer Salmaan, Trisha, Manju Warrier, Tovino Thomas And Parvathy In A Single Frame!
- Popular Actress Manju Warrier’s Father Madhava Warrier Is No More!
- Mohanlal’s Lucifer: Manju Warrier To Play The Role Of The Leading Lady?
- Mohanlal Movie Box Office: A Good Outing For The Film At The Theatres!
- 41st Kerala Film Critics Awards: Fahadh Faasil & Manju Warrier Are The Big Winners!
- Mohanlal Review: A Tale Dedicated To All The Die-hard Fans Of Mohanlal!
- When Nimisha Sajayan Met Mohanlal & Manju Warrier!
- Odiyan: Mohanlal & Manju Warrier Shoot For A Song Sequence!
- Mohanlal's Odiyan: An Update On Narain's Role In The Movie!
- Manju Warrier Is Brimful Of Energy In This New Teaser Of Mohanlal!
- Odiyan: Manju Warrier's Look From The Film Is Out!
Apart from the big hits that the industry has had in the year 2017 so far, the Malayalam movies of this year, did pave way for some fine performances of Malayalam actors.
It was good to see the entry of Malayalam movies that had some well-written roles, which in turn had offered the perfect platform for its lead actors to showcase their amazing ability.
Within these 6 months, we got to witness the Malayalam movies of big stars like Mammootty, Mohanlal and the young brigade of actors, but there were certain performances, which casted a magical spell on the audiences.
On this note, we take you through 5 noteworthy performances from Malayalam movies, released in this year, so far.
1. Fahadh Faasil (Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum)
This man is simply beyond description.At first, he impressed one and all with his short yet impactful performance in Take Off. But, towards the end of June, he came up with the film Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum, in which he played the role of a petty thief.
His performance in the film is beyond comparisons as he brought in everything to make the character believable. The interval sequence of the movie is solely enough to measure the amazing skills of the actor.
2. Parvathy (Take Off)
Take Off, the film had a stellar star cast comprising of big actors of Mollywood. But, the film rallied around the character Sameera, played by actress Parvathy. The role demanded someone like Parvathy and she delivered the required, with an extra punch.
One can't imagine anyone else other than Parvathy, in the shoes of Sameera. Definitely, a performance that is sure to fetch her more number of awards.
3. Manju Warrier (C/O Saira Banu)
Well, Manju Warrier's C/O Saira Banu did go on to win wide praises, upon its release. Manju Warrier got to play a really different role in this film and moreover, the way in which she handled the accent was commendable. The role of Saira Banu was always safe in her hands and she never went overboard. Definitely, the best performance of this hugely talented actress, since her comeback to films.
Biju Menon (Rakshadhikari Baiju Oppu)
This man continues to amaze the audiences with the simplicity and the originality in the portrayal of characters. In Rakshadhikari Baiju Oppu, he played the title character, a man from the village, who likes to spend time with his friends.
On the papers, it might look an easy role to play but it definitely required someone like Biju Menon, who got to the skin of the character. His performance towards the climax sequences, which might seem to be a subtle one, has everything in it to talk volumes about this actor's amazing ability.
Angamaly Diaries Team
How can we miss out this entire team of Angamaly Diaries, which took us for a ride worth a million. In fact, the film featured a whole lot of newcomers in the lead roles but never showed any signs of inexperience on screen.
As a result, what the audiences got was a complete package of realistic performances. Each and every actor of this movie, deserves a huge round of applause.
Apart from the above mentioned actors, superstars Mammootty and Mohanlal too, impressed with their performances in the Malayalam movies The Great Father & Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol etc. Similarly, Kunchacko Boban too, showed us how good an actor he is with his portrayal of Shahid in Take Off.
Young actors, Dulquer Salmaan (Jomonte Suviseshangal), Prithviraj (Ezra), Nivin Pauly (Sakhavu), Asif Ali (Adventures Of Omanakuttan) etc., too had moments to cherish, with the actors in them proving their skills, yet again.