TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Here is a disappointing news for the fans of Mammootty and Rajinikanth, who were eagerly waiting for the reunion of the Thalapathi duo. It has been confirmed that Mammootty is not a part of Rajinikanth's upcoming project, Kaala.
Earlier, it was rumoured that the megastar will be making a special appearance in the movie, as Dr. BR Ambedkar. However, the sources close to both Mammootty dismissed the rumours, stating that he has not been approached for Kaala.
However, the news has thoroughly disappointed the audiences, who were awaiting the confirmation on Mammootty's association with Kaala. But now, it has been confirmed that Rajinikanth and Mammootty will not share the screen, anytime soon.
Thalapathi, the only association of Rajinikanth-Mammootty duo, has still been considered as a cult classic. The Mani Ratnam movie featured Rajini and Mammootty in the roles of Suriya and Devaraj, which were based on the characters Karnan and Duryodanan from Mahabharata.
Rajinikanth is currently busy with the filming Kaala, which is written and directed by Kabali fame Pa. Ranjith. The movie, which is produced by actor Dhanush, is said to be a gangster drama set in the backdrop of Bombay.
Mammootty, on the other hand, is currently filming for the upcoming Ajai Vasudev movie Masterpiece. The megastar has some promising projects in his kitty, including the upcoming Sharrath Sandith movie, Streetlights, Uncle, etc.