- Manju Warrier & Indrajith Starrer Mohanlal To Be A Vishu Release!
- Mohanlal & Prithviraj's Lucifer To Begin In June?
- Mohanlal Releases An All-new Still Of Him As Odiyan Manikyan!
- Mayaanadhi: Mohanlal Is All Praises For The Movie!
- Mohanlal Races Ahead Of Superstar Rajinikanth & Here Is How!
- Is A Mohanlal-Mani Ratnam Movie On Cards?
- Mohanlal Starrer Villain's Tamil & Telugu Versions Are On Their Way!
- Mohanlal's Randamoozham: Jackie Chan To Be Part Of This Magnum Opus?
- Mohanlal Movie Teaser: A Grand Celebration In The Offing For Mohanlal Fans!
- Mohanlal All Set To Deliver Yet Another Super Hit Song!
- 'Manikya Malaraya Poovi' From Oru Adaar Love Beats Jimikki Kammal's Record!
- Has Mohanlal Replaced Suresh Gopi In Lelam 2?
- Before Aami: Box Office Analysis Of Kamal's Previous 5 Movies!
Yes, we are talking about the Mohanlal and Kamal, who have associated in 7 movies, so far. Each of the movies from the combo were quality ones and more importantly, most of the movies were of different genres.
On this note, we are take you for a journey through the memorable works of Mohanlal-Kamal combo..
Mizhineer Poovukal (1986)
Kamal made his directorial debut with this film, that featured Mohanlal and Urvasi in the lead roles. The movie, in fact was a much daring attempt with Mohanlal portraying the role of a womanizer.
Unnikal Oru Katha Parayaam (1987)
A beautiful film that would leave you with a heavy heart at the end. Unnikale Oru Katha Parayaam, marked the second association of Kamal and Mohanlal. The movie narrated the life of a youngster named Aby Abraham, who is the guardian of some orphan kids. Mohanlal had given an impeccable performance in this film.
Orkkappurathu, is a real underrated gem. It is one of those rare adventure filled movies that Malayalam industry has produced. Nedumudi Venu and Mohanlal played the father and son respectively, in this movie brilliantly crafted by Kamal. Mohanlal had sported a different for the lead character Freddy in this movie.
Remember the super hit song 'Kasthoori.. Ente Kasthoori..'? Yes, that song is from the film Vishnulokam, directed by Kamal. Mohanlal played the role of Vishnu, working with a circus troupe in this film. The movie had some real entertaining moments with the actor in Mohanlal shining to full extent.
Ulladakkam, is one of the most acclaimed works of Kamal, as a film-maker. The film, that surrounded the life of a psychiatrist and one of his patients, had a memorable performance from Mohanlal. In fact, Mohanlal and Kamal went on to win the Kerala State Film Awards for the Best Actor and Director respectively, for the movie.
Ayaal Katha Ezhuthukayaanu (1998)
Ayaal Katha Ezhuthukayaanu had Sreenivasan teaming up with Mohanlal-Kamal combo. The film had its script written by the actor-writer and the role of Sagar Kottapuram, a novelist with a tragic past, was always safe in the hands of Mohanlal. The movie was a success at the box office.
Apart from the above mentioned movies, Mohanlal had played a very important role in Kamal's Peruvannapurathe Visheshangal, which had Jayaram in the lead role.
Interestingly, it was with a Mohanlal movie that Kamal made his debut as a director and his first two movies, featured the complete actor in the lead role.
It was for the 1998 movie, Ayaal Katha Ezhuthukayaanu, that the actor and the director united previously. It has been 19 years, since a movie came from this combo.
Well, let us hope that the director and actor would join hands for a movie some time in the future, so that we get to witness a gem, much like their previous works.